• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Recent Posts on the Homepage

moondoggy23

Maybe I'm being nit-picky, but I kinda don't like seeing the most recent posts on the homepage being nothing but promo thread and ban appeals. I know those are the most frequent threads, but it looks kind of tacky and lame. If I were someone new and I came to the website and saw that the most recent threads were promo's and ban appeals, I'd be a little turned off. I'd like to see some more activity on the forums regarding other issues/topics. Is there a way that these types of threads (promos and ban appeals) be filtered to not be shown on the homepage?

Maybe I'm being nit-picky, but I kinda don't like seeing the most recent posts on the homepage being nothing but promo thread and ban appeals. I know those are the most frequent threads, but it looks kind of tacky and lame. If I were someone new and I came to the website and saw that the most recent threads were promo's and ban appeals, I'd be a little turned off. I'd like to see some more activity on the forums regarding other issues/topics. Is there a way that these types of threads (promos and ban appeals) be filtered to not be shown on the homepage?
Probably a good idea not to include those in the recent posts, No one besides admins needs to even know those posts exist.

Probably a good idea not to include those in the recent posts, No one besides admins needs to even know those posts exist.
In the context of 'new' people to T9K then they would be a complete turn-off...but for existing users they can be useful as quick-links to their own threads if they have been recently replied to.

In the context of 'new' people to T9K then they would be a complete turn-off...but for existing users they can be useful as quick-links to their own threads if they have been recently replied to.
If a user wants to know when the thread they've created has been replied to or not, that person can just click on "watch thread" at the top right of the thread and they'll get an email notification whenever there's been a post on their thread.

Back