Replacement power or Replace the speakers?

Coulometry

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to assist me in locating a DC: 12V 1000mA replacement power source for a set of Logitech R20 Speakers. The one I had before disappeared. I tried looking myself, but to be honest I have no idea what I am doing. I do not believe it has to be specificly for these speakers. I just need something to power them so I can use them. I tore my entire room apart trying to find it to no avail. So replace it is. Links would helpful if you can find one.

If a power thing can not be found, I am willing to replace the speakers (with newer better ones).

Could you guys recommend some good speakers for me? I would prefer Logitech brand, but I would be willing to accept any brand as long as they have good quality.

http://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&ke...vptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_7j6b1eyd0n_b

Amazon was my first option to find a new adapter for you, so i linked the page so you can browse for a good price range, seeing as how you didn't list any.

Uhm, if none of what i linked is what you were looking for, i can always look more later on. :3

I honestly have no idea what I am looking for. I am more tempted to just replace the speakers themselves. It might be easier that way. I am willing to spend about 50 dollars or more, depending on how the good the speakers are. I really want something that plays music excellently without horrible bass. I want something smooth. The ones I am currently using to be honest are complete pieces of crap. They have a whistling noise with general play and bass sounds distorted. I want to replace and get rid of them asap.

I was hoping that I could just replace the power for the old ones, since they were not that bad and I had no issues with them. I am pretty sure I know what happened to the cord and there is no way I can get it back so replacement it is. I think as long as it is similar to what it says above the plug in area. I should have no issues.

Not sure that list is helpful to me. The only one I saw that is remotely in the realm of what I need said it is only AC.

By Christmas I hope to replace my computer completely so if I have to replace the speakers I am not that upset.

Harman Kardon HK395. If you can get your hands on one of these used from ebay, DO IT. Really amazing sound for an older computer speaker system. They are not made anymore, but I bought myself two because they are fabulous and come from a renowned and reliable speaker brand.

Harman Kardon HK395. If you can get your hands on one of these used from ebay, DO IT. Really amazing sound for an older computer speaker system. They are not made anymore, but I bought myself two because they are fabulous and come from a renowned and reliable speaker brand.
I saw a few online. I may look into that more. Seemed they only had two speakers and a sub? I was looking more for surround sound. Like...5 speakers or something.

I saw a few online. I may look into that more. Seemed they only had two speakers and a sub? I was looking more for surround sound. Like...5 speakers or something.

I just looked for something similar to the Logitech R20 Speakers which also has 2 speaker and a sub.

Clearly a surround sound setup is going to cost quite a bit more, do you have a price range you would be comfortable paying? Surround sound for a computer/desktop setup seems a bit silly imo.

I just looked for something similar to the Logitech R20 Speakers which also has 2 speaker and a sub.

Clearly a surround sound setup is going to cost quite a bit more, do you have a price range you would be comfortable paying?
50+ Though I would like to stay under 200. I plan on replacing my computer by Christmas I was going to replace the speakers and the monitors after that. But I am not upset if I replace the speakers before had since the computer is my main source of everything. I was hoping I could just use the old ones with a new dc power cord until after Christmas.

Honestly I just use surround sound headphones, and an old worksite stereo for anything else. Works quite well for $ 27.

Honestly I just use surround sound headphones, and an old worksite stereo for anything else. Works quite well for $ 27.

I agree with this. Surround sound speakers for a desktop is awkward and not practical. I use a pair of the HK395's I mentioned above as desktop speakers. If I want surround sound for gaming where knowing the exact position of sound is important, I use my studio monitor headphones by audiotechnica.

Surround Sound headphones: $160
Harman Kardon HK395: Can get for $30 on Ebay.

There is your $200 budget for excellent quality sound. Going from shitty logitec brand anything to nice speakers by reputable audio companies like H/K and Audio Technica will be like night and day. Guaranteed.

I agree with this. Surround sound speakers for a desktop is awkward and not practical. I use a pair of the HK395's I mentioned above as desktop speakers. If I want surround sound for gaming where knowing the exact position of sound is important, I use my studio monitor headphones by audiotechnica.

Surround Sound headphones: $160
Harman Kardon HK395: Can get for $30 on Ebay.

There is your $200 budget for excellent quality sound. Going from shitty logitec brand anything to nice speakers by reputable audio companies like H/K and Audio Technica will be like night and day. Guaranteed.

The thing is, I use it for everything. It is my movie theater. It is my television. It is my gaming center. It is my communication device. I already have headphones. I want to be able to get up and do things and still be able to hear the music, or the movie or whatever I'm doing. I was hoping to go from 2 speakers to 5 or so with a sub. I don't want to be forced to wear headphones all the time.

Depending on the style of headphones they start to hurt after a while. If you're going to recommend me headphones, which ones would work best with glasses? From my experience anything that encases the ear tends to bother me/start to hurt after about 2-3 hours.

Back