• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Sandbox gamemode for server

DanishJell

Hey im looking for a sandbox mode to create a server for me and my friends and this is the only way i can currently do that all that other crap just isint working so i was wondering if you guys could make it a option to turn to sandbox i think it will really help the community as some people come here looking for a free server to play sandbox with friends thanks :}

This has been addressed numerous times on these forums. Sandbox mode uses alot of resources and puts lots of strain on the servers. So unfortunately, unless you can make a very valid and convincing reason why it should be enabled, it won't be.

the reasons i have that you all should have it is that a lot of ppl complain about this go look in the forums u will find it everywhere can u make the gamemode sandbox as an option that sentence is everywhere and yes it may take a while and may be hard but im sure u all can do it think of how many ppl will come to the site if u do this ppl will spread the word dont rent servers get them free at https://www.team9000.net/ and it would draw in even more ppl if u can have the one that launches the server on this site be the host the server in there game would get really popular and well known it would be on YouTube now dont tell me that all that ive said dosent seem good for all u admins on the site the owners on the site cause i know it dose being on YouTube and being very well know especially the owner of the site will be very well know .now this is a message for the owner if what ive said above seems good to you take a shot at this and get sandbox as a option the people of the site want it and they all have they're reasons to want it so give it a try if things go wrong try again and if u cant get it then its fine dont do it anymore as long as we know you have tried several times and cant get it we wont be nearly as mad/upset that it isn't an option if u were to start a voting poll on weather we should have sandbox as a gamemode option or not 99.99 precent of the ppl will say yes

i think ive said enough thank you for reading peace out
& anyone that has read this and likes what ive said give me some credit and like this comment
It doesn't matter how much people want it, it puts too much of a strain on the server, especially when multiple people are going to be trying to run it simultaneously.

This is a completely -free- service, which means nothing is gained from adding something that is that difficult on the servers. It has absolutely nothing to do with it being hard to set up.

yes i know but i also know it can be done that is the point of me saying that to let ppl know that it can be done and it isnt impossible and no matter how hard any of u try to make me think u cant i know u can
I'm sure we could do it. We won't though. Taunting isn't going to help. Not gonna happen.

the reasons i have that you all should have it is that a lot of ppl complain about this go look in the forums u will find it everywhere can u make the gamemode sandbox as an option that sentence is everywhere and yes it may take a while and may be hard but im sure u all can do it think of how many ppl will come to the site if u do this ppl will spread the word dont rent servers get them free at https://www.team9000.net/ and it would draw in even more ppl if u can have the one that launches the server on this site be the host the server in there game would get really popular and well known it would be on YouTube now dont tell me that all that ive said dosent seem good for all u admins on the site the owners on the site cause i know it dose being on YouTube and being very well know especially the owner of the site will be very well know .now this is a message for the owner if what ive said above seems good to you take a shot at this and get sandbox as a option the people of the site want it and they all have they're reasons to want it so give it a try if things go wrong try again and if u cant get it then its fine dont do it anymore as long as we know you have tried several times and cant get it we wont be nearly as mad/upset that it isn't an option if u were to start a voting poll on weather we should have sandbox as a gamemode option or not 99.99 precent of the ppl will say yes

i think ive said enough thank you for reading peace out
& anyone that has read this and likes what ive said give me some credit and like this comment
The only problem is that any amount of publicity it does get is meaningless.

You're currently suggesting Wooty put time, money, and effort into expanding the feature of the Team9000 community that (probably) has the worst traffic to actual staying member ratio of them all.

No one that came for that service actually stays.

There just isn't enough in it for the community. Nothing will change around here if we get more "publicity" due to the launch system, we'll just have more idiots posting about how they can't get their server to work.

no offenece but the reason u all wont is most likely ud think itd be a waist of time that u dont have but if it had sandbox and other gamemodes and the server is up permanatly with the person who launches the server owner of the server then yes u would have alot of people on the site using it dont tell me that isnt true i know it si and u should 2 the only one that really understands me is thee pro which says
thee_pro

Also, while publicity is nice, we don't really care about being on YouTube. If it happens, cool. If not, doesn't bother us.

not saying anything liek its a waist of time and its stupid to do that is what your summin it down to and its not tru read my other post
Your grammar and inability to comprehend what we are saying makes me cringe. The answer is no and will remain no.

tumblr_inline_n95tkxleQX1skzbif.png

no offenece but the reason u all wont is most likely ud think itd be a waist of time that u dont have but if it had sandbox and other gamemodes and the server is up permanatly with the person who launches the server owner of the server then yes u would have alot of people on the site using it dont tell me that isnt true i know it si and u should 2 the only one that really understands me is thee pro which says
thee_pro

Also, while publicity is nice, we don't really care about being on YouTube. If it happens, cool. If not, doesn't bother us.

not saying anything liek its a waist of time and its stupid to do that is what your summin it down to and its not tru read my other post
Punctuation and proper spelling would be nice.

dude we are talking about a game mode and u all are talking about grammar really either way what do you all have to do to add in the gamemode if you all have to code with gmod lua i can code give me the info for fuck sake ill do it
ill get some of my steam friends together to help and i will try it if you all cant make time in your day to i surely have time in my day just nothing to do with it

i can do it if i have the time and understand what is going on

and dont think i cant do it because if i felt like it i could hack into this site and remove codes and things from the site so if i can do that i surely can code a gamemode and i already am
Proper, well, even elementary grammar would be more readable, and less likely to make people think that you're several years short of the age limit.

I am the sole maintainer and financial sponsor of Team9000 Launch. At any point in time, approximately five to ten Team9000 Launch servers are running -- about the equivalent of one standard size dedicated server. This costs me about $100 / month.

As I pay the bills, I have the benefit of being able to say what our limits are. In an attempt to keep costs reasonable, we do not run sandbox, as it takes substantially more cpu and ram on average than every other game mode.

In unrelated news, Team9000 Launch is not written in LUA. It is actually mostly written in server-side javascript (nodejs), with a touch of php on the management end.

I look forward to your eloquent response,

Yours Truly,
Wooty

btw what is the points in my profile at the forums
Let me absolutely shut down every possible argument you could possibly dare to respond to this thread with:

We "could" make a Sandbox game mode option.

Wooty has the knowledge and everything to do so, and he's not too lazy either.

However, there is a reason we're not doing it.

Sandbox takes a lot of system resources. A lot. It would be difficult to have a system that could maintain multiple of these servers for several users.

It would require either A, a new system, or B, us to cut down on the variety of servers we can offer/the number of servers we can have up at once.

The former would cost money, which is absurd that you would request that the operator of a FREE service spend money for something so non-beneficial and worthless, while the latter would be all around inefficient, and not what the community wants.

It doesn't matter how easy it is. Even if Wooty could literally click a button, it would be more trouble than it is worth.

There is absolutely nothing, publicity, youtube, ANYTHING that could make this worth it, except for possibly the money for the expansion of the service would cost.

That is literally the only thing I could think of that would make Wooty reconsider.

Why are you people so dense that you cannot recognize that this isn't a soft barrier of someone saying "no", lack of knowledge, lack of motivation, etc. This is a hard barrier of LACK OF RESOURCES. We don't have resources to be throwing up multiple, or perhaps even one (I don't know the nature of these servers to well) sandbox servers. That's all there is to it.

Edit: Wooty Ninja'd me, but for the sake of it, I think I'll leave this here.

dude we are talking about a game mode and u all are talking about grammar really either way what do you all have to do to add in the gamemode if you all have to code with gmod lua i can code give me the info for fuck sake ill do it
ill get some of my steam friends together to help and i will try it if you all cant make time in your day to i surely have time in my day just nothing to do with it

i can do it if i have the time and understand what is going on

and dont think i cant do it because if i felt like it i could hack into this site and remove codes and things from the site so if i can do that i surely can code a gamemode and i already am
That is really cool and all, nobody cares though, but the answer is still 'no', which means
no
nō/Submit
determiner
not any.
"there is no excuse"
used to indicate that something is quite the opposite of what is being specified.
"it was no easy task persuading her"
So please, just stop posting these useless posts.
Good day to you, sir.

Back