• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Seeking advice for a real life situation

crafteroftemines

I figure a blog might not be the best, but what I have to say is pretty wordy.

So I have been dating this girl off and on for about 2 and a half years now. I really love this, she means everything to me, and I want to do my best to make her happy. But long story short, she kinda gotten involved with someone else and dumped me for him. I told her I'd still be there for her as a friend, which I want, but at the same point in time still wanted to be with her. Fast forward about a month, their relationship is in shambles, but neither of them seem to be able to truly let go. I feel like letting go of any romantic relationship with her and maybe being friends, but then part of me says fuck it, and wants to just leave her. I want to wait until I see her next, as we live about 600 miles apart. Is there any advice anyone can help me with, or am I already doing the best thing right now?

I will say if the relationship has been off and on and she's dumped you for someone else she doesn't sound as committed to you as you do to her.

I would have to agree with BBGunshot, if she didn't realize what she had the first time out, and is just coming back now, is there much of a future.

That being said it's called a booty call for a reason, just don't get emotionally involved where you can't keep perspective.

Been there and tried the friends thing twice. It doesn't work and just leaves you more broken hearted than before. It's hard letting go but will have to be done at some point if you want to live a happy life and find someone who feels the same way about you as you do about them. Just my 2 cents.

I realize it's been almost a week but I've kind of been the girl in this situation (not my proudest moment) the only difference being it wasn't an off and on thing, and we're still friends and both are dating people we enjoy that live in the same places we do, I think it was definitely for the better. Just for a different perspective.

The response you'd hope to hear would be to yes, go in and give it a try on the hopes that'd she'd come back to you. Realistically, you SHOULD try but don't have your hopes too high. She's probably seeking intimacy right now and if you live 600 miles apart that'd be really hard.

Back