Smite!

flashflame8

So I've been spending a lot of my free time in this game. Absolutely in love with it. However, the only discussion thread on this was something like two years ago, which has fallen out of favor unfortunately.

Smite is a f2p moba developed by Hi-Rez Stuidos. (http://www.hirezstudios.com/smite)

Currently, the game is in Season 2 and a lot has changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJiCMvEDsVI

Here is some recent gameplay, the youtuber in the video playing a god named Artemis.

If you'd like to play a couple games, I'd love to. Send me an invite, my in-game name is Ixbio.

So, what are your thoughts on the game?

Graphics look decent for a free game, but I'm generally not big on MMO's due to the grinding over and over. (This from the guy who plays MC and grinds at mob spawners). Sure you should find a few players that may be down with it.

Ah, but rather, it is a MOBA. 3 lanes and a jungle, though there are several other game modes that are fun. Definitely worth a shot if you want to try something new; Smite is unique in the genre as it introduces a 3rd person view instead of an up-down view that other mobas utilize.

Graphics look decent for a free game, but I'm generally not big on MMO's due to the grinding over and over. (This from the guy who plays MC and grinds at mob spawners). Sure you should find a few players that may be down with it.
It's not an MMO.

I have a spare Xbox One Smite Beta Key if anyone's interested. Enjoy.

FDVGP-R7FRD-G4F99-TQ247-4CCHZ

Played it while it was in early beta on pc, it was terrible. I'm sure a lot has improved by now, but it left a bad taste in my mouth and I have no intention of giving it another chance.

I'd never try it out of spite for the horrible state that they've left Tribes in; I've been a fan since the first days with Starsiege. For quite awhile, it was fantastic, then they destroyed the matching system along with some other quirks and pretty much abandoned it for Smite.

Last edited:
Tried it. It's alright, but I have a bias towards mobas now. =.= Too much toxicity in the player base for my tastes.

Tried it. It's alright, but I have a bias towards mobas now. =.= Too much toxicity in the player base for my tastes.
That really depends on the MOBA. You came from -that- game which I never played but still knew the toxicity of the player base, that's bad.

I've not played Smite enough to know if it's player base, but I didn't notice any problems. Of course, I only played the arena mode, which might be more relaxed than the typical 3-lane set up. But I'm not much of a fan of the whole 3-lane typical MOBA map.

And that's one thing I really enjoy about the game, plenty of game modes to play if you're not a fan of the 3-lane setup.

Sorry to hear that Thee, you'd probably be playing a whole different game from when it was in beta.

That really depends on the MOBA. You came from -that- game which I never played but still knew the toxicity of the player base, that's bad.

I've not played Smite enough to know if it's player base, but I didn't notice any problems. Of course, I only played the arena mode, which might be more relaxed than the typical 3-lane set up. But I'm not much of a fan of the whole 3-lane typical MOBA map.
League wasn't the only game I played, or watched for that matter. There's always that fine line between the people who want to mess around and have a good time (Giggity), and those who are just pure toxic. Unfortunately, The latter usually outweighs the former.

Back