So I'm having a problem with Xbox Live. >.<

Creeper

Okay, so I updated my Xbox to new interface after not touching it for a month. It wants me to accept the new Terms & Conditions. I'm tethered to a parent account, so I put in the password for it, because I know it.

And the password is supposedly invalid.

I check to Yahoo (which is where the parent email is) and recheck my password. I go back to my Xbox and put it in again. Still invalid. I'm not sure what the heck I'm supposed to do, since all features concerning untethering the account or changing pretty much any settings on my account are locked.

It's the same thing on the Xbox.com website. It asks for the parent Windows Live parent account, which dosen't make any sense. Why would Xbox Live ask for a Yahoo email and Xbox.com ask for a Windows Live email? Is the Yahoo email considered a Windows email to the system or something?

Also, I can't even change what email I put in for the parent email. This is probably the biggest problem, considering I think it is wrong.

I have no idea what to do. I feel like this is a loophole in the system. Does anyone know what I should do?

Yes, I've already posted to the Xbox Support Forum.

Okay, so I updated my Xbox to new interface after not touching it for a month. It wants me to accept the new Terms & Conditions. I'm tethered to a parent account, so I put in the password for it, because I know it.

And the password is supposedly invalid.

I check to Yahoo (which is where the parent email is) and recheck my password. I go back to my Xbox and put it in again. Still invalid. I'm not sure what the heck I'm supposed to do, since all features concerning untethering the account or changing pretty much any settings on my account are locked.

It's the same thing on the Xbox.com website. It asks for the parent Windows Live parent account, which dosen't make any sense. Why would Xbox Live ask for a Yahoo email and Xbox.com ask for a Windows Live email? Is the Yahoo email considered a Windows email to the system or something?

Also, I can't even change what email I put in for the parent email. This is probably the biggest problem, considering I think it is wrong.

I have no idea what to do. I feel like this is a loophole in the system. Does anyone know what I should do?

Yes, I've already posted to the Xbox Support Forum.
xbox support:
tumblr_li0roj16JY1qi1jfeo1_400.gif
No, but in all seriousnes you should call them. they usualy reply with a sensible answer.
http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

On the email they reply with shitty answers or refferals to the site -.-

I called them up before. You'll be pressing so many numbers, and waiting so many hours just telling them what you want, then you wait for an employee, then, they say, "I'm sorry sir, we cannot help you with that".

I would double check your XBL gamer tag and what-not. If I'm not mistaken you use your gamertag and the password when you login.

Microsoft is trolling me >.>

I had problems with xbox live and what not and really just call them. I got through in less than 10 minutes (may be longer during peak hours), and my problems were solved within another 20 minutes. They're pretty helpful so give them a ring.

Back