• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Spawnpoints for Mindspin

Admiral_Funk

On level 2/3 on Mindspin, when two people go through the portal at once, it sticks everyone who passes through. Unless everyone /respawns at once or unless an admin uses amx_rocket * (slaying does not work), it's a big headache.
I'm at best vaguely familiar with the Hammer Editor, and I'm not sure if it's possible to import maps assuming you just have the .bsp file. But if you're familiar with it, altering the spawn entity for those levels would probably help a good deal.

the problem with that map is that there is a "push" downward on those spawn area. My mod disables semi-clip near "pushes" so that the push can actually affect the player. I cant just disable that functionality for that map, because there is an area where you must be "pushed" upward to get to the next level. Maybe ill think of a solution tomorrow >_<.

Is it possible to edit the .bsp via the hammer editor?

If so, couldn't you split the exit on level 1 (since it's a large flat target) into four areas, each with a different spawnpoint for level two? It wouldn't completely get rid of the problem, but it'd make it much less likely to happen.

Hell, I'll boot up the editor right now and see if it's possible.

Argh, doesn't look like you can. Even decompilers don't do a good job of opening .bsps, they have to be in .map format and once they're compiled you can't open it like a project file anymore.

i can always make the mod forcefully enable semiclip inside those pushes, but (ugh) i really dont want to compile a manual override just for that map. I guess ill go ahead and do it since its so popular.

Back