Star Wars Thread

StTheo

I think we need a Star Wars thread. Have an episode 7 teaser:

That lightsaber was silly looking. I still loved what little the teaser revealed.

I'm really excited for the upcoming trilogy sequels, but at the same time I really have no idea what to expect for plot. The producers say that they are going to go with a completely different story than what the expanded universe has come up with. I've read very briefly on the expanded universe including the Yuuzhan Vong invasion, the rise of Darth Caedus, and Luke's exile in search of Abeloth. As interesting as those were overall, it seems like Lucasfilm is going for something different. All for well, anyway.

Still, couldn't hurt to dive into speculation. So we know that the setting is 30 years after the events of the trilogy, and that the new lead trio are being joined by the original cast. From the teaser we can see that TIE fighters, Storm Troopers, and X-wings are still around.
Politically, it looks that the Empire and the Rebels are still fighting despite the fall of Emperor Palpatine and Darth Vader. That in itself raises questions as to how the Sith order survived, if they're called Sith anymore (lol lightsaber cross).
Seeing as how Luke is also still around, I'm curious to see how he has revived the Jedi Order.

So, what's this new Star Wars Rebels thing I'm hearing about?

It's an animated series that started about a month ago that chronicles a rag-tag rebellion group a few years before the battle of Yavin, but Wikipedia could have told you that.

So, what's this new Star Wars Rebels thing I'm hearing about?
It's the series that replaced TCW. I've got the first season and frankly... It's awesome! If you're into Star Wars I'd suggest giving it a shot.

As for the new trilogy, I'm kinda on the fence at the moment. It looks really rad, but I won't be jumping on a side until the movie is actually released and I get to watch it.

Do Wookies age slowly?

*Checks the wookiepedia*

EDIT: Apparently Wookies reach old age at 400 standard years and are considered in their prime at 200 years.

Last edited:
Sith dude has a bit of a Revan vibe from KOTOR going on. I wonder if he/she provided a bit of inspiration.

Yeah dude. It looks like Disney altered Revans mask a bit, and gave the sith even the same cloak. If he has a red & purple lightsaber then I'm calling it.

kinda semi related soooooo
Oh dear, it's an EA release...
original.jpg

yup and everyone one (on reddit at least) is just shittng on how it will probably be a battlefield 4 skin with starwars on it
And they have a goodish reason to fret about it.
No space battles
Only one era
Like only 10-12 maps or so. Idk how many it was but it was significantly less than the previous one.
And then a bunch of nit pick stuff like railed AT-AT, the pre order and dlc after a cinematic trailer and the fact that well, its EA.

No space battles
Only one era
Like only 10-12 maps or so. Idk how many it was but it was significantly less than the previous one.
And then a bunch of nit pick stuff like railed AT-AT, the pre order and dlc after a cinematic trailer and the fact that well, its EA.

Ten years ago Pandemic Studios was able to make a game far larger than this Battlefront. They were only fraction of the size of what EA & Dice is capable of today and still blowing their trash out of the water. I've pretty much lost any hope for this game now. Video games are mostly garbage now a days anyways.

No space battles
Only one era
yup, thanks EA for fucking over everything we love.

at least the movie look promising, JJ has huge nerd cred (even if hardcore fans don't like the new movies) so I think it will turn out well

also just found this on reddit

fELUnls.jpg

Last edited:
Back