• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

SteamID Switching Bug Fix

WootyOld

Owner/Programmer
For those of you who have experienced the SteamID switching bug, where you enter the server and have someone elses skills or are level 1, please understand that this is not a glitch in Dark Effects. This is a glitch in Half Life SteamID Authentication. However, I just spotted this on the official Half Life Server Mailing-List, and it looks like Valve just released a fix that solves this problem!

[hlds_linux] Source and Half-Life 1 Dedicated server update released
Alfred Reynolds
Wed, 08 Mar 2006 18:08:45 -0800

Updates to the Source and Half-Life 1 dedicated server have been released. Run the hldsupdatetool to get this update. This update makes public the "swapbeta" that has been running for awhile. This update is optional but HIGHLY recommended as it fixes the steamid swapping bug seen on servers. This update also smoothes out some spiky CPU usage seen on servers and fixes several crashes on Linux distributions using older GLIBC versions.

Did you get the update?

If this works when you update it, that'll be really awesome, because the first day I went on dfx, I kept reconnecting and disconnecting spontaneously, and my levels jumped from 1-17 multiple times.

So... I hope that when you download the update it works, although this hasnt happened to me since.

uhh, its not something i can download. my host handles all "official" server updates

but i think its already done

yeah its great that u did this because it happened to me and i could not play for more than a few secs cuz they would kick me if i didnt type the right "password"

Back