StTheo's Direwolf20 1.12 Server

Should PVP be allowed?

• Sometimes (please specify in a comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

StTheo

Address
sttheo.serveminecraft.net

Modpack
Direwolf20 (Minecraft version is 1.12, Direwolf20 version is 1.9)

Rules (Taken from the old vanilla server and my own experience)
  • Flirting: Not allowed. I do not feel comfortable allowing my property to be used for the expression of affection between complete strangers.
  • PVP: Allowed. Keep in mind that if someone can't get to you, they can't kill you. Creative methods of getting around chunk boundaries aren't protected - if you can hit somebody, but wouldn't be able to with an arrow or sword, then you aren't protected by this rule. This rule is subject to change if PVP becomes a problem.
  • Theft/Griefing: Allowed outside of claimed chunks. Claimed chunks can be set up in the item menu (there’s a small map icon on the top right). Claimed chunks require a team, and once you have one you should be able to change the settings for block breaking for the claimed chunks.
  • Hacks: As taken from the 1.0 wiki: "Item Duplication, Fly hacks, Item hacks, memory editors, transparent textures, or any other cheat to give you an unfair advantage over other players" are not allowed.
  • Claimed Chunks: Don’t claim chunks solely to prevent others from expanding. Do claim chunks that you want to stay safe inside. Using items that ignore claimed chunks will result in a ban on the player and the item.
  • Excessive PVP/Griefing: Don’t hound people and kill them repeatedly.
  • Base Locations: I've pre-generated an area from -3200 -3200 to 3200 3200. Please search this area before expanding outwards, considering how badly chunk generation can affect server performance. If your ideal biome isn't there, please try to only generate new chunks when there are no/few other people online. I'd rather not have to make an actual rule around this.
  • Complex Machinery: If certain bases start to cause excessive lag, I will begin enforcing rules about this. Such rules (which, again, are not in effect now) would look like this: If two mods can perform the same function, but one is easier on the server, I may require that players migrate to the mod that’s easier on the server. I will try to keep resource cost in mind for this - if one machine is 2x more taxing, but the other is 5x more expensive, I’d be willing to ignore those machines or try to lower the resource cost of the less taxing one.
  • Disciplinary Action: I tend to use temporary bans to handle smaller infractions, and permanent bans for more drastic ones. Temp bans usually last a day or two. Trying to get around temp bans will result in a permanent ban - seriously, my servers aren’t so great that a day without them would kill you.
  • Unsure: If you are unsure if what you are planing to do will break a rule, or might be viewed as breaking a rule, or might not be well-recieved by others, consult me either here or in a private conversation before doing it.
  • Serious Issues: I reserve the right to permanently ban anyone for any serious, non-server related issue. If you feel unsafe with a user on the server, let me know and they won’t be there anymore. I will not address such bans or any related drama publicly, and I am not above banning people who won’t accept that such decisions are final.

Last edited:
2018-03-18_11.09.58.png2018-03-18_11.10.19.png2018-03-18_11.10.53.png2018-03-18_11.15.33.png2018-03-18_11.17.21.png2018-03-18_11.17.53.png2018-03-18_11.18.46.png2018-03-18_11.21.00.png2018-03-18_15.05.15.png

Last edited:
...based on the logs, it appears my spawn point is screwed up. Apologies for that, I'll fix that this morning.

You joining @babybacon or you just arm chair quarterbacking as usual? If you're not going to play why bother voting?

Last edited:
@babybacon, I thought you had been waiting all this time for a modded server, don't tell me this one has the wrong mods? :D

When I expressed an opinion about PvP on the reboot/reunion server I got shouted down for having the wrong opinion, and ironically I don't know of anyone actually intentionally killing someone outside the arena other than me, so I guess it doesn't really make a difference!

@babybacon, I thought you had been waiting all this time for a modded server, don't tell me this one has the wrong mods? :D

When I expressed an opinion about PvP on the reboot/reunion server I got shouted down for having the wrong opinion, and ironically I don't know of anyone actually intentionally killing someone outside the arena other than me, so I guess it doesn't really make a difference!

Yeah I intend to join I've just been bogged down with college so I haven't yet. And I didn't mean to shout down your opinion if it came off as that, I'm sorry if it did.

You joining @babybacon or you just arm chair quarterbacking as usual? If you're not going to play why bother voting?

Was it arm chair quarterbacking when I had a server of my own and played on Theo and Gurw's servers?;)

In all seriousness the joke is appreciated and I will join when I get the time.

I wouldn't be such as ass if you didn't have such a history of repeating it. That being said we'd still love to play with you. Remember several worlds where you claimed premium space but never did anything with it
2018-03-24_19.58.38.png

Back in my day we didn't let college study distract us from playing Hunt the Wumpus!

(no I'm not really that old)

I wouldn't be such as ass if you didn't have such a history of repeating it. That being said we'd still love to play with you. Remember several worlds where you claimed premium space but never did anything with itView attachment 145056
That pillar wasn't nearly as bad as when I claimed the jungle in 1.5 and only finished the project a year after starting it... or when I walled off an entire area for a massive palace and never ended up building it... or the dark forest mountain I made into a tiny village... I had a habit of unfinished projects I won't deny it :biggrin:. That pillar was going to be a Testificate village built with 1.8 blocks but then 1.8 took forever and their mucking with the code made it an un-optimized and mod-less mess thus why I stopped playing.

That pillar wasn't nearly as bad as when I claimed the jungle in 1.5 and only finished the project a year after starting it... or when I walled off an entire area for a massive palace and never ended up building it... or the dark forest mountain I made into a tiny village... I had a habit of unfinished projects I won't deny it :biggrin:. That pillar was going to be a Testificate village built with 1.8 blocks but then 1.8 took forever and their mucking with the code made it an un-optimized and mod-less mess thus why I stopped playing.
On Creeper’s Lab I still haven’t finished my main tower, let alone my side project of rebuilding all of Haven.

I logged on today, met some dude. My name on the server is RustySophist.

Edit: Never mind, it's back to Anaxo for old time's sake.

Last edited:
Back