• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Suggestion

Maybe not delete a thread, but it WOULD be awesome to be able to close our own though. Or maybe have a few semi-mods who can close for us so we don't all go asking woot? just my 2 cents :)

I talked to him about that, but he said he NEVER gets people coming to him to ask him to close threads, so there is no need in letting people close their own threads, and he isn't bugged by it cause no one bugs him. If more people actually came to him to have their threads closed, this might be plausible, but seeing as no one has really proven this to be a useful idea, there isn't any sense in pursuing it.

If threads need to be closed, just let Woot know :) Thats the only way to show him that we actually need this ability.

Well maybe a select few should have this ability. like you Casey in particular.... T9K is turning into a huge spamfest. Threads that have been posted 3 times over the same topic should be taken care of IMO.

Actually, and I might be wrong, but I believe these select few already exist. Anyone with the title editor/community manager can close threads. I think. but that basically means people like Ollee and jetmike and who not.

I talked to him about that, but he said he NEVER gets people coming to him to ask him to close threads, so there is no need in letting people close their own threads, and he isn't bugged by it cause no one bugs him. If more people actually came to him to have their threads closed, this might be plausible, but seeing as no one has really proven this to be a useful idea, there isn't any sense in pursuing it.

I've received two reports in the last two days. Neither of them were appropriate to close. I haven't received a good close report in... probably a week.

The way I see it, if people could close their own threads, they would close it if so much as one thing on the thread went wrong. Then the forums would be completely filled to the top with worthless, closed threads.

Back