• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Suggestions for classic, /rules2, reporting?

mikeymagic

To whom it may concern,

First off, so that I may narrow down my audience, this specifically relates to Minecraft Classic.

Of all things difficult to manage on the classic server, im sure the following sit quite near the bottom in terms of urgency. However, i never fail to notice the undying commitment that guests seem to have to be as selfish and as needy as possible. Especially when asking how to 'fly' or how to 'rank up'; these being the most common examples.

I therefore propose that a second /rules be created named /rules2 (or whatever)

it wouldnt even need to be put into main or whatever. just its existence to refer guests to would be really nice rather than constantly typing 'download 'wom' to fly' and 'dont ask for promotion' among other things.

also some kind of reporting system for maybe engineer+ to ease intense grief sessions when no awesome+ are online. ideally some kind of mumble addition or something.

This would greatly reduce guests panicking and annoying engineers or builders as to why they shouldnt fix their grief etc.

the latter two propositions come with no demands or false respect or trust in the running of classic, and with no assumed guarantees or warrants.

Thankyou for your time in advance.

One thing that would help would be to loop some text chat from the console somehow and put in the normal answers to many questions. People do not read the big sign, but they might just read the text chat on their screen every 2 mins (or whatever time). Maybe just do it for quests too, so higher ranks do not have to see it. Just my input of how to fix that. Not sure if it can be done though.

yeh, but that would get annoying and people would eventually begin a new type of trolling; 'omg your console is so stupid noone even asked'

tis a pickle we're in.

Smart console, scans text chat for keywords like "how do i fly" or things of that nature and spit out a response. But really the real answer here is, survival of the fittest. If they don't know how, then let them spam the chat. It's not like anything interesting is actually going on in the chat for people that are actually on mumble.

To whom it may concern,

First off, so that I may narrow down my audience, this specifically relates to Minecraft Classic.

Of all things difficult to manage on the classic server, im sure the following sit quite near the bottom in terms of urgency. However, i never fail to notice the undying commitment that guests seem to have to be as selfish and as needy as possible. Especially when asking how to 'fly' or how to 'rank up'; these being the most common examples.

I therefore propose that a second /rules be created named /rules2 (or whatever)

it wouldnt even need to be put into main or whatever. just its existence to refer guests to would be really nice rather than constantly typing 'download 'wom' to fly' and 'dont ask for promotion' among other things.

also some kind of reporting system for maybe engineer+ to ease intense grief sessions when no awesome+ are online. ideally some kind of mumble addition or something.

This would greatly reduce guests panicking and annoying engineers or builders as to why they shouldnt fix their grief etc.

the latter two propositions come with no demands or false respect or trust in the running of classic, and with no assumed guarantees or warrants.

Thankyou for your time in advance.
It would be good for a report if you find someone griefing!

Smart console, scans text chat for keywords like "how do i fly" or things of that nature and spit out a response. But really the real answer here is, survival of the fittest. If they don't know how, then let them spam the chat. It's not like anything interesting is actually going on in the chat for people that are actually on mumble.
it just seems wrong to kick users that are simply seeking answers and grow angry and end up trolling because of lack of patience or whatever ...

yeh, but that would get annoying and people would eventually begin a new type of trolling; 'omg your console is so stupid noone even asked'

tis a pickle we're in.
Perhaps they get a message about all that when they first come in? That could work. But if they already do not read the message that tells them to type /rules. They wont read that one either. I guess we will just have to deal for now, until a better idea comes up.

The console already has auto-chat some of this info. Every so often, the auto-chat from the console says something to the effect "want promotion? goto t9k.net to find out how!" and "type /rules to find out how to do stuff"

Those are paraphrases of the actual text, but it would seem that /rules2 would only serve to cause more confusion, since the guests who ask how to fly, et. al. usually don't even type /rules to find out how to do anything to begin with. The best way to deal with people who don't read the rules (or can't read) is patience and an understanding of just how overwhelming it must be to get onto this server the first time. I know I was taken aback by how organized and pritteh everything looked and probably asked similar questions until I read the HUGE wall next to spawn and saw the auto-chat from the console.

For the most part, there is always someone on mumble that has ban powers, you just have to find them. A reporting system of some sort may be useful, however. Maybe a discussion could be created where engineers can report on a griefer/troll they may have kicked that should be banned if that engineer is unable to get a hold of an awesome+. As long as the engineer is able to provide a screen shot of the offense.

*edited to remove any potential douchebaggery language.

i know the console does but maybe reduce the delay? its like once an hour atm or something :\

i know, but we always end up telling the guest to go read /rules and after which theyll usually understand the rules given there. However for the rest of the questions. for those who listen it would be alot easier to just say 'read /rules2' no going to argue though, you have a point.

yes it would be nice if there was somewhere to report each kick for ban later, maybe even in the forums? like a secttion under ban appeals.

Ban Proposals?

haha @ edit.

Back