• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

t9k Blog, pt 4.

Mightythedj23

When I got to the surface from the library of the ancients, only one word can possibly sum up what I encountered:

Chaos.

"Attention, attention! all awesomes, gather your vice captain engineers and defend the gateway in haven on the western wall. we have been attacked by a small, but powerful; group of eyoileggja. I repeat, we have been......" The loudspeakers coming from the command ship above the admin centre was blaring this message, from what I guessed, was to be heard from the town of Lush Graenu all the way on the other side of the lands, to the Ocean city of what the locals call "Sebastian".

I ran towards the trading market of Haavion, where the attack was taking place; if only I had gotten there sooner.

"Mightythedj, where is your squad captain?"

I turned around to see a not so familiar face, it was that girl who I had to apologize to, Alyyiah.

"I can't say i'm sure, but it's not important right now, is it?"

I said with a tinge of anger; Haavion is on the verge of collapse and all she cares about is whether or not I follow orders.

"Alyyiah, now is not the time to be focused on someone on our side; now is the time to repel those eyoileggja." Said a man that I've only seen during council meetings, Tbarius.

"Tbarius, what is the current situation? I was in the library of the ancients when this must've started." I figured I might as well explain why I know so little about this situation.

"Well," he began, "The eyoileggja have breached haavion's wall at the western side, they're currently being held off at the docking area, so they came by sea." Tbarius was very blunt yet calm about this situation. I can't say I was any different.

"Alright," I said, "Let's do this. Fire Y Heift (pronounced Feeyur EE H(phlegm)eft)" I shouted, and my short sword had changed into a larger weapon, still smaller than a traditional longsword, bastard sword or Katana, but more powerful. my Blade's name is fire Y Heift, otherwise known as "Fire's Fury." when I say it's name, the blade changes to two curved orange blades, curved opposite from one another, with one of the blades at the top of the handle and one at the bottom. There is no guard nor pommel on my blade in this state. When I slice either opponent or object, fire erupts from it's blades, burning anything in its path.

I ran through into haavion, past all the market kiosks to where the action was. too bad i wasn't prepared for what was waiting for me there.

"They have fire charges on their boats!!!!" some member of another awesome shouted, while a barrage of fire charges were set out onto the market place, setting it ablaze.

I knew we had to do something, but it seemed everyone was too busy to fight. Other than me, there was no one who wasn't fighting.

"Mightythedj, we need to sink those boats." Alyyiah had said as she ran up beside and past me, heading towards the docking platform.

"r-right" was all i could say; i wasn't too thrilled about going on the boats; but i guessed i had to, for the sake of Haavion.

'you can do this, you're mightythedj.' was what kept me going, slashing my way through the enemy; all that mattered was sinking their boats.

After what seemed like ages, We had finally made it to the docking platform, but we were tired and injured. They even ripped my white overshirt. We were very cautious as we walked through the docking platform, only using the 'sparka' technique on about 2 guards.

"Something isn't right; this is way too easy. especially given the fact they tried a frontal assault on one of our most heavily defended towns." Alyyiah had said, with a tone of fright in her voice. she was on edge now. i had to do something to try to relieve this tension and anxiety that not only her, but i, was feeling at this point.

"Alyyiah, i-i'm sorry about earlier today; i didn't realize what i was taught was everything but the truth. please, forgive my actions towards you as well." As i said this, i noticed my body was shaking a bit; not from being ashamed for what i did, but from something else.....something unworldly.

"*sigh*, Mightythedj, it's alright, you tried to defend your honour by defending what you deemed was the truth, which, while infuriated me to no extent, was also admirable, considering i held my blade to your throat." She said. i could tell that she meant what she just said; she didn't just say what i wanted to hear; she said what needed to be said from the start.

"Alyyiah, i-" i began, only to have her cut me off.

"Mightythedj, enough, you've apologized already, you have no reason to keep trying to apologize to me."

"N-not that Alyyiah, m-my body..it's not letting me control it!" i said as my arms began jerking around in a twitch-like state, lifting my blade as if ready to strike.

"What?" she said as she turned to face me, only to have my arm swing my blade at her, sending flames towards her. i really had no idea what was happening; i don't think bodies' can move without their owner's consent.

"A-alyyiah, do som-something. the pain is unbearable!" was all i said before it all went black.

I woke up with a jolt of energy surging through my body, as if i was just electrocuted.

"ugh....w-wha happen lat nigh.." was what i managed to say; i was very groggy from being shocked like that.

"Mightythedj, relax. you're going to be fine." i recognized that voice. It was the voice of a girl i had insulted, yet forgave me for it.

"ugh..A...Alyyiah? what happened? d-did we win?" i was all too focused on the long since past battle to wonder where i was or what happened.

"We did, but at a cost." she began, "Do you remember what happened to yourself?"

"n-no, it's all a black haze to me." i said, still very groggy. i tried getting up, but she just placed her hand on my chest and pushed me back down onto what i guessed was a bed.

"where am i first?" i asked, growing more and more nervous; i didn't like not knowing where i was.

"You're in the infirmary. now then, let me explain what happened last night." she drank some sort of liquid from a glass bottle.

"When you lost consciousness, a person came from behind some of the shipping crates on the dock. They revealed themselves' as a puppetmaster, who apparently gained the ability to control people using a spell they learned from a brewer who apparently had a vendetta against the Alliance. This spell overpowers the functions of the brain that involve muscle expansion and contraction-in other words, the spell uses the victim's nervous system as the strings for their new "puppet". When you blacked out, he tried using your blade to kill me, paving the way for the rest of the eyoileggja to invade. Apparently your blade is linked to you in a very special way." she said with an indifferent tone.

"What do you mean by 'special way'?" was all i asked, eager to know more.

"Well, the only actualy time he launched flames was when you where still conscious. all it did was burn my hands a bit. but the moment you lost consciousness, your sword stopped shooting flame; in fact, it reverted back into its original state. in his surprise, i decided to use the sparka on the puppetmaster, sending him to the wastelands. for now."

It was a lot to take in. first, being controlled by some creep, then my sword stopped on it's own, hurting her with flame.

I got up from the bed of the infirmary, still fresh cuts wrapped in gauze along my stomach, head and arms. i was very weak, so i used my sword to prop me up. Alyyiah stood up, ready to catch me if i fell.

"You said a brewer taught this puppetmaster that spell?" i said, in a very stern voice.

All she did was look at me, then she finally said "Yes. a brewer with a vendetta against the alliance taught him. why?"

"What's this brewer's name?" i asked.

she gave me a long, saddened look, then sullenly said:

"we had some trackers locate the brewer to the Ocean city of Sebastian.
you should know this one; he was in your squad. his name is.....

Top_of_the_world."

Not bad. Not bad...

Only a personal opinion, mainly because I'm a grammar Nazi, but the grammar could use some work. :D

Great job, though! Interesting story.

@nord because, I needed time to think on how I could introduce the first of many enemies so early in the story. plus, about 3-4 other stories came to me, so I was thinking more about them than this.

Also, how does one put the "About the Author" thing on their blogs? :confused:

Back