• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

T9K MC Build Competition

RedBox

Prepare your creativity, a new building competition is upon us!

Much like the previous competitions held, you will be able to team up with your friends or go solo for an extra challenge.
The competition will take place in the creative world and can be as big and extravagant as you would like. There are also absolutely no restrictions on texture pack either, so you're welcome to use a custom texture pack when building. Every month will have a unique one-word topic that you must follow.

Once you're in the creative world, find yourself a nice little spot a fair way away from other people's builds and mark out your plot with coloured wool. Each month has a different coloured wool you need to mark your plot with so make sure you check below for the colours. Put up a sign saying who owns the plot so we know you're in the competition!

Each round will last a month and at the end of the month the winner will be awarded their unique prize. At the end each month build will be judged and you'll be placed on the Creative Leader board.

[collapse=Round 1 - Blue wool ( July 17th - August 17th ) ]

Topic: Egypt

Prize: TBA

[/collapse]
[collapse=Round 2 - Red wool ]

TBA

[/collapse]

Last edited:
Eh, not interested in the first month's build topic. Not worth me coming back on, so I'll pass.

Anyone who knows me, knows that my builds are a tad unique. In a good way, mind you.

So what I find to be of high quality and artistic style, most wouldn't agree. Therefor if I were to even suggest a build topic then nobody else would like the topic. My skills are... Situational...

Anyone from The Empire can probably tell you that my heart just isn't in it if it doesn't fully catch my interest. And Egypt? Not even close.

Anyone who knows me, knows that my builds are a tad unique. In a good way, mind you.

So what I find to be of high quality and artistic style, most wouldn't agree. Therefor if I were to even suggest a build topic then nobody else would like the topic. My skills are... Situational...

Anyone from The Empire can probably tell you that my heart just isn't in it if it doesn't fully catch my interest. And Egypt? Not even close.
You could recreate the Temple of Hatshepsut, the Luxor Temple, the entirety of the Valley of the Kings, Abu Simbel, the Karnak Temple Complex, any of the millions of statues or murals.....Egypt is a pretty open topic.

EDIT: It's also not just Ancient Egypt. You could do something more modern.

You could recreate the Temple of Hatshepsut, the Luxor Temple, the entirety of the Valley of the Kings, Abu Simbel, the Karnak Temple Complex, any of the millions of statues or murals.....Egypt is a pretty open topic.

EDIT: It's also not just Ancient Egypt. You could do something more modern.
The only knowledge I have of Egypt comes from my childhood days of playing Serious Sam: TFE. And I doubt we'd be allowed plots big enough to do full scale replicas since I literally can not build anything small. I just don't know how.

The only knowledge I have of Egypt comes from my childhood days of playing Serious Sam: TFE. And I doubt we'd be allowed plots big enough to do full scale replicas since I literally can not build anything small. I just don't know how.
You do know that since it's creative you can go as big as you want... Right?
And I'm allowing extensions if more people need them.

No limit :)

I hope people have started! I've seen a couple signs of builds but haven't quiet seen much.
Remember, the competition ends on the 17th of August!

Really? Is it your computer or mc?
Probably both. MC's never liked this laptop. I was fine on Theo's computer for a bit, albeit I was one of the major players in why we had established the "Keep your animals to a minimum, or we will slaughter 90% of them for you." rule, because that would lag me out.

Back