• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

T9K Minecraft Wiki

The Team 9000 minecraft wiki seems to be outdated. Massively outdated. It looks to have not been edited since I stopped playing a couple years ago. The dynamics of the server, as well as the rules, have changed extensively in that period of time.

I would like to request permission to start a personal project to refresh and revise this page, and to remove the status of "Historical Page".

I feel that I have a reasonably strong grasp of the current server mechanics. I would convene with the server administrators, as necessary, to ensure certain points encompass all pertinent information, as well as ensuring that anything that isn't common knowledge is added.

My questions being, will the powers that be allow this? Can I count on administrator support for this endeavor?

If approved, I will submit every entry to management before final updates go live.

the rules have changed extensively in that period of time.
Looking at the rules here,
Clipboard01.jpg

It seems the only thing different is this server don't give a rat's ass if your buildings are unrealistic. Not what I'd call an extensive change.

If you're going to work on the wiki, how about you work on the wiki for the current server? (Also outdated, though not nearly as outdated as the 1.0 wiki page)
https://wiki.team9000.net/Team9000_Community_Minecraft

Huh. I have no way to access that wiki from the main wiki page. I'll meet you halfway. How about I update the new wiki, and we then take all the new work, and link it to the main wiki. Either with it's own wiki link, or updating the 1.0 page with the 1.7 wiki info.

Huh. I have no way to access that wiki from the main wiki page. I'll meet you halfway. How about I update the new wiki, and we then take all the new work, and link it to the main wiki. Either with it's own wiki link, or updating the 1.0 page with the 1.7 wiki info.
You get to it from the server thread OP.

Just convince wootybooty to put it on the main page of the wiki and problem solved.

Edit: It's a community page. I watch it, so if you make a change we disagree with, we'll revert or edit it ourselves.

Well, put this down as the result of me being bored as fuck at work. I'll see if I can spot any unnecessary changes, but otherwise: disregard this thread.

You could edit the "this is outdated" note at the top of https://wiki.team9000.net/Minecraft_1.0 to say "details for the current, active server can be found here" with a link to the https://wiki.team9000.net/Team9000_Community_Minecraft page, so that anyone who just goes to the front page and clicks on the "Minecraft 1.0" link, or has it bookmarked, can find the right page.

Also, Gurw, while you're thinking about wikis, some reminders about things you said about potential rule changes/clarifications:

A few days ago you said you thought you guys had gotten rid of the rule about asking someone's age and location.

A while ago you said you'd get back to us regarding rules about mods, specifically using mob and player radar in minimap-type mods.

You could edit the "this is outdated" note at the top of https://wiki.team9000.net/Minecraft_1.0 to say "details for the current, active server can be found here" with a link to the https://wiki.team9000.net/Team9000_Community_Minecraft page, so that anyone who just goes to the front page and clicks on the "Minecraft 1.0" link, or has it bookmarked, can find the right page.

Also, Gurw, while you're thinking about wikis, some reminders about things you said about potential rule changes/clarifications:

A few days ago you said you thought you guys had gotten rid of the rule about asking someone's age and location.

A while ago you said you'd get back to us regarding rules about mods, specifically using mob and player radar in minimap-type mods.
The rules have already been updated to reflect the first, and I'm SURE I made a post that went something like, "well, we can't prevent you from using it, but if we find out you're using it, you're in trouble," regarding the second.

In other words, minimaps are fine, provided they don't include radar.

The rules have already been updated to reflect the first

Thanks.

and I'm SURE I made a post that went something like, "well, we can't prevent you from using it, but if we find out you're using it, you're in trouble," regarding the second.

In other words, minimaps are fine, provided they don't include radar.

I was pretty sure you haven't made that second post, so I've been continuing to tell people we're still waiting for an admin decision. Please write it somewhere permanent that I can refer to.

Thanks.

I was pretty sure you haven't made that second post, so I've been continuing to tell people we're still waiting for an admin decision. Please write it somewhere permanent that I can refer to.
Ehh. I'm not digging through 93 pages of the main thread. Put it into the wiki if you need a permanent reference.

Back