T9K Official Game Nights Info Thread!

I think he was asking if anyone planned to do this, as interest was expressed in another thread, rather than requesting that we have one.
siii I said we should have one soon ish, I think maybe 2-3 weeks or this upcoming weekend. Whilst more gamenights are better we shouldn't quite burn our selves over them :D

Can we bump these Game Nights back an hour? 7PM EST is simply not going to be possible for me almost ever. I want to play these games with you's guys. Or, would it be possible to have two different time slots for GNs? Let's say the one at 7PM EST, and then another one a couple of hours later at 9PM EST, something like that?

The 7 o'clock hour is my son's bedtime hour, and I am pretty much never going to miss that for gaming.

Can we bump these Game Nights back an hour? 7PM EST is simply not going to be possible for me almost ever. I want to play these games with you's guys. Or, would it be possible to have two different time slots for GNs? Let's say the one at 7PM EST, and then another one a couple of hours later at 9PM EST, something like that?

The 7 o'clock hour is my son's bedtime hour, and I am pretty much never going to miss that for gaming.
Game nights typically last for several hours, and if I recall, the last Altitude game night we had lasted for 5-ish hours.

^
Game nights typically last for several hours, and if I recall, the last Altitude game night we had lasted for 5-ish hours.

Also most games for GN will be jump in/jump out games that people won't be obligated to necessarily be here at the start time. Still haven't had anyone apply to host an Altitude GN :(.

Last time I was able to hop in on a GN, the game was done and everyone had moved on. I was a little irked and haven't bothered trying to join since.

Last time I was able to hop in on a GN, the game was done and everyone had moved on. I was a little irked and haven't bothered trying to join since.
Well, considering it's not set in stone yet, getting a timetable from those who are interested would be nice. This way, we can accurately host it when the people who are interested can play.

What time would be best for everyone?

I think a Civ 5 game night would be awesome, in preparation for the Oct 24th release of Civilization: Beyond Earth.

Not sure if my schedule would allow for hosting, it would probably be scheduled on the 12th or the 18th of October. Thoughts?

Are we talking a speed game, or a full-on Civ V game? A full-length game would need to be scheduled more like a "Game Weekend." This needs to be streamed.

Are we talking a speed game, or a full-on Civ V game? A full-length game would need to be scheduled more like a "Game Weekend." This needs to be streamed.
I need to figure out if there's a way to set a "maximum time allowed for turn length", so we could expedite the game. Possibly limit the match to 5 hours max, go from there. Also, casting could be problematic in terms of giving opponents vision advantage. When i return to my apartment tonight, i'll submit a GN query

Important reminder: Tomorrow is T9k Community Meeting! We'll be discussing all the things important to the T9k community and meet all the peoples.

Important reminder: Tomorrow is T9k Community Meeting! We'll be discussing all the things important to the T9k community and meet all the peoples.
Anyone happen to transcribe/take minutes during the meeting? Was anything of any value discussed?

Back