Taco is a N00B! DEN00BITIZE HIM!

that_taco_guy

Ohai.

I would like to learn how to code. Just code.

Javascript, HTML, Linux, C++, anything.

I am a noob. I don't know sh*t about coding. At all. If you could help me and provide me with a website or something I would appreciate it.

I know very little HTML, but that's about it.

I think it would make me have some worth in the world. Also, it'd help me out when I'm bored. (Type up a website or something.)

Also:
Code
=
Profit

How?

IDEA!
Code...
?????
Profit

Plox help this noob out.

Thank you for wasting your time on me,
Taco.

PS: I seriously don't know anything. Just minor HTML stuff. I know BBCode on forums well. That doesn't count though, does it?

:P

Honestly if you've never really done any coding, I don't think I'd jump into it with what I'd consider more complex languages like Java(script), C++, etc. I'd start with something easier like Ruby on Rails, Python, etc. just to get into the mindset of coding. Once you have a solid foundation, you can pick up any language relatively easy as it's more just a matter of learning the ins/outs and commands of a particular language. C++ would be a very hard language to pick up as one's first foray into programming due to the high level of control you have.

Hmm. Well, a good language to start with would be VB. You can just do some google searches for tutorials on that. :P

Wanting to learn HTML, try out HTMLBasix. Very beginner friendly.

IF you want to take my route, I started with C++. I recommend C++ Without Fear by Brian Overland. It's very non-technological and easy for a beginner to understand. After you've mastered the basics, try out C++ For Dummies. It'll cover all the rest.

Hope this helps! :D

Taco, good idea to post that, I am on right the same level, I know a bit HTML and BBCode, but that's it and wanted to learn a programming language. :) I'll watch this thread and see what suggestions will be made here :D

Honestly if you've never really done any coding, I don't think I'd jump into it with what I'd consider more complex languages like Java(script), C++, etc. I'd start with something easier like Ruby on Rails, Python, etc. just to get into the mindset of coding. Once you have a solid foundation, you can pick up any language relatively easy as it's more just a matter of learning the ins/outs and commands of a particular language. C++ would be a very hard language to pick up as one's first foray into programming due to the high level of control you have.
Hmm. Well, a good language to start with would be VB. You can just do some google searches for tutorials on that. :P

Wanting to learn HTML, try out HTMLBasix. Very beginner friendly.

IF you want to take my route, I started with C++. I recommend C++ Without Fear by Brian Overland. It's very non-technological and easy for a beginner to understand. After you've mastered the basics, try out C++ For Dummies. It'll cover all the rest.

Hope this helps! :D

Of course, I'm not going to jump into advanced stuff just yet. I'm going to try HTML, VB, RoR, etc, see how it turns out. I would LOVE in the far fetched future to actually start coding my own Linux variation. VERY far fetched. :P But for now I'll stick to HTML and VB. Thanks! :D

Taco, good idea to post that, I am on right the same level, I know a bit HTML and BBCode, but that's it and wanted to learn a programming language. :) I'll watch this thread and see what suggestions will be made here :D
I think it's crucial to know some coding skills if I want to NOT look like a noob. And code my own Minecraft things in the future :P

I'd say it wouldn't be too bad to start with java. While it's more complex than ruby on rails (Which I hear basically writes it's self), Java is pretty much universal these days... which makes it easy to get help if you need it. I also will agree that VB.net is super easy. VB.net gives you the benefit of visual studio. Visual studio being clunky, overpriced, and horribly inefficient, gives rookie coders encouraging visual results very quickly.

NewspaperCrane said:
I'd say it wouldn't be too bad to start with java. While it's more complex than ruby on rails (Which I hear basically writes it's self), Java is pretty much universal these days... which makes it easy to get help if you need it. I also will agree that VB.net is super easy. VB.net gives you the benefit of visual studio. Visual studio being clunky, overpriced, and horribly inefficient, gives rookie coders encouraging visual results very quickly.

I tried Java... And failed :( that was too hard for me :(

I think for now I'm just going to stick to mastering HTML. Then I'll see where that takes me. Probably Java, cause that seems like actually something I can use for now. (Minecraft lol) But, we'll see.
Thanks. :3

P.S: You like me again Crane? :D
:megusta:

that_taco_guy said:
This kind of stuff is all about REtrying. Trial and Error always equals Win. That's how I think I should go into this. :)

A friend of mine tried to teach me... And i couldn't even do the 'Hello World'-Thingy.

A friend of mine tried to teach me... And i couldn't even do the 'Hello World'-Thingy.
:o
class HelloWorldApp {
public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println("Hello World!"); // Display the string.
}
}

The book you'll want to use to learn java is Head First Java. It's very easy for complete beginners without any programming experience to use this book to learn Java. Here's the german edition were you wanting that.

:o
class HelloWorldApp {
public static void main(String[] args) {
System.out.println("Hello World!"); // Display the string.
}
}

The book you'll want to use to learn java is Head First Java. It's very easy for complete beginners without any programming experience to use this book to learn Java. Here's the german edition were you wanting that.
:O thanks! :D

Back