• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Team9000 Minecraft Building Contest - Skyscrapers (Building Closed - Post Screenshots Please)

StTheo

Welcome to the first building contest of 2015! The first of our building contests will be a skyscraper contest.

As this is our first competition, you may build in the creative world, the main world, or Lioncloud - whichever you'd prefer.

Plot:
Find a plot you think will be big enough, and mark the corners with redstone torches and signs with "Contest 1" and your name (or the names in your team).

Grief and Theft:
As we don't have many new people on our server, I'm going to start out these contests without any worldguard protections. Any grief or theft within your plot will be reverted, and griefers will be warned upon the first offense, then banned (at least for the remainder of the contest) on the second. Storing non-building materials (building materials can include blocks, shovels, picks, axes, etc.) inside your plot will nullify this rule.

Duration:
The contest will go from now until the 7th of May. I will be gone from the 17th to the 30th (delayed honeymoon), so if the server goes down and I'm unable to restart it, I can expand the end date.

Voting:
When the contest ends, voting will be held via a Google form, with an in-server validation tool that I have yet to write. Basically, when the form goes up, I'll have a command that generates a random four-digit id unique to each player. You'll have to go into the server, run that command, then put the id into a field on the form. That way I'll be able to know that we don't have any duplicate voting going on. Buildings made in the main world will get a 25% bonus to the number of votes, buildings in Lioncloud will get no bonus, and buildings in the creative world will get a 25% penalty (score times 0.75). You may use the creative world to design your skyscraper, then re-build it in the main world and get the 25% bonus (I'd suggest a tool called "Schematica" for this - just don't use the print functionality).

Teams:
You may work as a team, but the prize will be split equally (rounded down) among your teammates.

Prize:
First prize will be 32 "Wind Amulets". These items, when right-clicked in your hand, allow you to fly and take no fall damage for half a minute.
2015-04-07_20.11.25.png
2015-04-07_20.11.41.png

Second prize will be 8 5-minute long Haste IV potions. I've tested these, and it is possible to make shorter duration ranged versions of these potions.

Last edited:
heh
haha
Hahahaha
WAHAHAHAHAHA-wait, I don't know if we can finish the tower in that time. :\

Also, what minimum criteria must be fulfilled for a build to be a skyscraper?
It needs to be tall. :p

And how does someone go about accessing this world?
"/creative" sends you there if you don't have any items/armor, and "/survival" sends you back to spawn. I'll probably use some of the logic from the last server's arena world to make that simpler.

I've begun building mine and it's looking pretty spiffing, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in teaming up with me?
"What's in it for me?" you ask? My half of the booty! Considering I don't play survival, I have no need for the bountiful prize.
I'd prefer someone I can talk to over mumble.
Anyone interested?

I've begun building mine and it's looking pretty spiffing, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in teaming up with me?
"What's in it for me?" you ask? My half of the booty! Considering I don't play survival, I have no need for the bountiful prize.
I'd prefer someone I can talk to over mumble.
Anyone interested?

What are you building?

So, I'm a bit late on this. If everyone who has made a skyscraper could post below with screenshots (or coordinates if you'd like me to take screenshots, for example in survival), we can make a poll and in a couple of days, dispense with the rewards.

I know of Mountainboy's tower and that redbox was working on one (though the only one I could find said it was abandoned). Are there any others?

Back