Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

I don't think anyone actually used that function after enchantments and potions came out (let's not forget Respiration III).

That would be a "no" then. There was a plugin that the Team9000 server used in which pumpkins on your head gave you waterbreathing.

But yes, waterbreathing potions are a thing. You need an awkward potion (netherwart) and a pufferfish.

Wait... There are potions that let you breathe underwater now?

._. .... >.> <.<; I think I'mma look at the wiki... and actually play minecraft... for the first time in ever.

Dodgy minecart plugins? No?

Well, I remember one time on T9K you couldn't break minecarts at all, and another time if you rode your minecart from (X1, Y1, Z1) to (X2, Y2, Z2), if Y2 < Y1 you took fall damage as if you'd fallen Y1-Y2 blocks. Maybe those things were just bukkit bugs, but I was under the impression they were interactions between bukkit and the plugin that "fixed" the problem where people spammed minecarts in creative.

Also T9K ruined redstone by making it not propagate very far, not letting mobs trigger it, etc. I hope we're not having those features either?

You can call a place a city if you like, but it won't be protected (besides logblock).

Please explain what you mean by logblock offering protection: does it mean admins will revert grief? Does it mean that I can see who griefed my build and try to seek revenge myself?

[Edit: Sorry, I see this is answered in the OP: "we won't reimburse you if you lose anything to grief or theft (though we will punish those responsible". I wouldn't really call that "protection".]

Well, I remember one time on T9K you couldn't break minecarts at all, and another time if you rode your minecart from (X1, Y1, Z1) to (X2, Y2, Z2), if Y2 < Y1 you took fall damage as if you'd fallen Y1-Y2 blocks. Maybe those things were just bukkit bugs, but I was under the impression they were interactions between bukkit and the plugin that "fixed" the problem where people spammed minecarts in creative.

Also T9K ruined redstone by making it not propagate very far, not letting mobs trigger it, etc. I hope we're not having those features either?
As long as no one breaks my computer with it, there won't be redstone limitations.

The minecart breaking was T9k, the minecart fall damage was Minecraft itself, we likely won't have limitations on redstone, but don't try and build a CPU, plox.
Please explain what you mean by logblock offering protection: does it mean admins will revert grief? Does it mean that I can see who griefed my build and try to seek revenge myself?

[Edit: Sorry, I see this is answered in the OP: "we won't reimburse you if you lose anything to grief or theft (though we will punish those responsible". I wouldn't really call that "protection".]
That line only applies to the Outlands. In cities, we'll be happy to revert grief and theft (provided you were using a locked chest. If you didn't lock your chest in a city, then you're an idiot and we can't help you there). Commands for locking chests (and other inventories) will be put into the OP at some point (it's LWC if you wanna look for yourself).

EDIT: I'm referring to designated cities. If you wanna call your settlement in the Outlands a city, by all means, be our guest. We won't protect it though (grief and theft still isn't allowed, but it's a risk you're taking by settling in the Outlands in the first place).

As long as no one breaks my computer with it, there won't be redstone limitations.

I seem to recall an unwritten rule on the T9K server (before plugins started to enforce it) about "no redstone clocks". May I suggest making that a written rule? Or perhaps "no redstone clocks that run continuously for more than X seconds without player input" if you want to be generous, and perhaps "while it is permissible to have mobs and other parts of the non-player-controlled environment trigger redstone, they must not be used to bypass the rule against redstone clocks".

It might be worth coming up with some limitations on mob farms too, if you think they could affect your computer. They can certainly affect other players' FPS, but up to you whether you care about that. You know what The Empire is like, though :)

I'd prefer that you set some limits at the start, and hope that we all play along nicely with them (I'd be telling off anyone I saw break them), rather than have no limits (or limits people don't understand - who knows what will break your computer?) and then some event causes limits that severely restrict the game to be imposed like on T9K.

Ehhh. Redstone has been made much more efficient lately. Clocks and other looping redstone circuits aren't even a big deal, since they usually break on server reboots :D

As for mob farms, if you honestly need 3,000 gunpowder an hour, then...why not? If it becomes an issue we'll limit them then. I've never had a serious issue with them in 3 years of server administration.

Outlands 2.0 (suggestions for a new name can be made in this thread).

Badlands? Green Hill Zone?

More questions:

In the "Cities", I see that there will be item protection, but is the only block protection the greylist, which doesn't even exist in Newbank, so presumably Newbank can get griefed by new players? [Edit: You said you'll revert it, but it can happen easily, right?] Also, what is the plugin you guys are writing for some kind of item protection in cities?

New players can't use flint-n-steel, buckets, or break minecarts. If you want to use those, make your way to The Tower of Ozy

View attachment 143667

I can't wait for Ozy's huge tower to spray me all over with its hot hot lava-using ability.

Badlands? Green Hill Zone?

More questions:

In the "Cities", I see that there will be item protection, but is the only block protection the greylist, which doesn't even exist in Newbank, so presumably Newbank can get griefed by new players? Also, what is the plugin you guys are writing for some kind of item protection in cities?

View attachment 143667

I can't wait for Ozy's huge tower to spray me all over with its hot hot lava-using ability.
Suggestions have been noted.

Considering your standard griefer doesn't even bother with reading rules in the first place, it's unlikely they'll go to a website to find the location of a protection-free city and place they need to go to get permission to use buckets and lighters, then walk 3,000 blocks through PvP and hard-difficulty monsters to get those permissions, then another ~2,000 blocks to get to said city (getting permissions teleports you back to spawn, so even though Newbank and the ToOT are only ~1,000 blocks apart, it's a total journey of ~5,000 blocks). For the truly dedicated griefer, we can rollback grief with LogBlock in cities.

We found an updated version of LWC to use that respects WorldGuard regions (which really only exist in cities). The big problem we had is that there were no plugins in the Bukkit database that used UUIDs and did everything we needed (like respect multiworld or WG regions), so the plan was to write a plugin from scratch to protect inventory blocks. Theo did manage to track down the Jenkins of the LWC author, where a newer version of the plugin remains updated, so LWC will work fine (and it's no longer as shit as it was when I used it last, so that's good).

[Intensifying Intensifies]
This looks like it will be awesome, and after the day I've had, the release for tonight would be greatly appreciated.

Small word of warning: bugs are expected, and with them, multiple server reboots. So expect that :D

I feel like some of the great groups of the past will make a return.

At least two OoO members have already shown interest in the server :D

Back