Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

/prism i

Also, you could always place the village under protection, except for the wheat fields and doors. Additionally, you could have Gurw do a roll-back on affected areas.
I'm an admin, dingus. >_> I can do the rollbacks myself.

Speaking of, already did several rollbacks on inactive people. There are people actively building/mining in the village. And the village is designed to allow players to get on their feet, so placing of crafting tables and chests is fine. AS LONG AS THEY MOVE THE FUCK OUT. There is no reason to stay there, but you can 'live' there until you have enough food and items to move on. You can mine around the village, but not in it. The more that gets opened up, the more entries mobs have to the village, and the more likely the villagers will all be killed.

Speaking of, already did several rollbacks on inactive people. There are people actively building/mining in the village. And the village is designed to allow players to get on their feet, so placing of crafting tables and chests is fine. AS LONG AS THEY MOVE THE FUCK OUT. There is no reason to stay there, but you can 'live' there until you have enough food and items to move on. You can mine around the village, but not in it. The more that gets opened up, the more entries mobs have to the village, and the more likely the villagers will all be killed.
I think there's a way for worldguard to prevent building/breaking anything, and have exceptions for the various crops.

You know what? Honestly I'm rather sick of it myself. It's a pain for me to do because I have to create a special case in WG, but I'll do it one week from today.

EDIT: I have taken a closer look at the spawn village. As koingall deliberately looted the honey trap block, he has been banned and all changes made by him in the spawn village will be rolled back IMMEDIATELY. This also means that the village is going to be protected immediately, since the vast majority of the changes to the village were performed by him.

IF YOU HAVE THINGS IN THE SPAWN VILLAGE THAT YOU CAN'T GET AT BECAUSE IT'S PROTECTED, PM AN ADMIN AND WE WILL ALLOW YOU TEMPORARY ACCESS.

Just a regular day with StTheo.

2014-09-25_00.50.11.png

I know you are an admin. I just wasn't sure if you knew how to do rollbacks or have the village protected while allowing people to use the crops. That's why I suggested Gurw or Theo to do so, since it would prevent future grief of the village, and you wouldn't have to be worried about it all the time.

BTW, I do offer free food (carrots) in shop, directly west of Spawn. So that is another option for players.

Would y'all think that as an alternative to the 3,000 block trek to the Tower of Ozy, we put a difficult maze near spawn, the end of which will promote new players to Member status, is a good idea? The Tower will be re-purposed if so.

I'm not going to hold a vote on this, as it doesn't really affect current players, only new ones. I'm just looking for feedback.

Would y'all think that as an alternative to the 3,000 block trek to the Tower of Ozy, we put a difficult maze near spawn, the end of which will promote new players to Member status, is a good idea? The Tower will be re-purposed if so.

I'm not going to hold a vote on this, as it doesn't really affect current players, only new ones. I'm just looking for feedback.
Might be cool but what would the purpose of the Oxycock be then? And how challenging would this maze be and if he offered items would they be wiped from the players inventory upon leaving? If it isn't butter then what is it?

Hey Gurw, was wondering if I could get the stable protected next to spawn. Haven't been on since last night, so hopefully it hasnt been griefed. Its about 85% completed. I will be adding a small basement to it as well.

Might be cool but what would the purpose of the Oxycock be then? And how challenging would this maze be and if he offered items would they be wiped from the players inventory upon leaving? If it isn't butter then what is it?
Alternative goal for some other reward for members. And of course, it's still got a hidden OoO shrine.
Hey Gurw, was wondering if I could get the stable protected next to spawn. Haven't been on since last night, so hopefully it hasnt been griefed. Its about 85% completed. I will be adding a small basement to it as well.
I'll be on shortly to look at it.

A maze with a quiz about the rules of the server? I know woot was concerned about such things discouraging new players, not sure what you all think about them. I think lots of servers force you to do at least something to acknowledge that you know the rules, not like this current T9K one.

A maze with a quiz about the rules of the server? I know woot was concerned about such things discouraging new players, not sure what you all think about them. I think lots of servers force you to do at least something to acknowledge that you know the rules, not like this current T9K one.
Not one you HAVE to go through, just if you want member rank.

Not one you HAVE to go through, just if you want member rank.

Oh yeah, of course, cool!

If it's going to be a quiz-type thing, then yeah, I think that seems like a better way to grant "member" rank than travelling to the tower, as currently there's nothing to ensure that they have read the rules, just that they've read the bit of the server info that says where the tower is.

Oh yeah, of course, cool!

If it's going to be a quiz-type thing, then yeah, I think that seems like a better way to grant "member" rank than travelling to the tower, as currently there's nothing to ensure that they have read the rules, just that they've read the bit of the server info that says where the tower is.
That would be enough, since you have to at least get to the wiki page, where the rules are.

But they get told in-game instead, which is not ok.

Back