Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

Yes. Prism no longer working for me either. Also, just found my first crystal and it exploded and killed me. Nomnom had the same experience shortly afterwards. Who's changed what?
Get me a list of everything you lost and I'll return it.

Get me a list of everything you lost and I'll return it.

fortunately I've found the impact crater with almost all of my stuff still lying there.

One of my dogs is dead but i still have 2 at the moment so they'll breed...

My 13 hearted horse is gone without a trace, saddle attached.

And my iron armour seems to have been blown up with the exception of the badly damaged helmet.

Not to mention the crystal I didn't get any reward from. Why on Earth were they blowing up anyway? lol

EDIT: Found the horse eventually, wandering around like a loser. So I don't need another saddle anymore.

Sponge Status

Sponge's API is scheduled for November, then when Forge is updated to 1.8 they can start implementing the API into Forge. We're looking at maybe a couple more months until 1.8, unfortunately. Luckily, sk89q is behind Sponge and a lot of our plugins, and I know enough Java to be confident that I can rewrite some of the CommandHelper stuff, so we should be fine as far as plugins. Vanilla really isn't an option - it's slow and it can't support more than the 3 main worlds (overworld, nether, end).

As far as the Microsoft acquisition, they've been pretty silent about it, so I'm unsure if there will be a problem there. What would be unacceptable for me is if they made the server Windows-only. I'm not a Windows user, and though I'm capable of dual-booting into Windows (and have been fine doing that for certain games), I am absolutely opposed to running it on my only decent computer 24/7. Hopefully Microsoft won't do something that dickish.

fortunately I've found the impact crater with almost all of my stuff still lying there.

One of my dogs is dead but i still have 2 at the moment so they'll breed...

My 13 hearted horse is gone without a trace, saddle attached.

And my iron armour seems to have been blown up with the exception of the badly damaged helmet.

Not to mention the crystal I didn't get any reward from. Why on Earth were they blowing up anyway? lol

EDIT: Found the horse eventually, wandering around like a loser. So I don't need another saddle anymore.

The crystals use a database (which prism also uses) in order for the scanning to work without having a crystal nearby anyone. Database was down, so for some reason the logic that the database being down broke prevented the line that tells the crystal to not blow up. If you give me the coords to a chest you use (via convo if necessary), I can log in and give you a new set of iron armor and some loot that you would have normally gotten from a crystal.

Some of you have probably noticed I've been absent lately. I've been swamped with IRL stuff and don't have time to get on. This is likely to be the case for the next month at least, so don't expect to see me online much, if at all. Kthxbai.

I'm not a Windows user, and though I'm capable of dual-booting into Windows (and have been fine doing that for certain games), I am absolutely opposed to running it on my only decent computer 24/7. Hopefully Microsoft won't do something that dickish.

Perhaps you could run Windows in a virtual machine? I don't know about the performance, how hard it is, or in fact much of about running Windows under MacOS that is relevant to this century. I think some people I used to work with used VMware Fusion for this, that might not mean it's any good :)

Of course I'm not suggesting I expect you to spend a whole bunch of time and money on something unless you particularly want to, it's just an option you may well have already considered!

[Edit: Of course let's just hope Microsoft doesn't do it!]

It seems unlikely to me that Microsoft would stop Mac users from playing future versions. The profit margin on Minecraft is already going to basically be negligible. Why remove another source of income?

I always figured that the next big leap in open world creative gaming would be the infusion of chemistry into gameplay such that it creates a more dynamic world where every material "reacts" with every other material, and essentially allows for the creation of any item conceivably known. This mod a a nice step in that direction, but I think it's not much different than the Buildcraft mod.
I certainly agree that Minecraft can be modified as a great educational tool, otherwise.

Good response, all things considered.

So at first, I was like "yay sugar and cookies!"

But then when I saw the wither skeles and witches flying around on bats, I was all like "nope!"

Seriously though, for those of you who want a little bit more trick and treat in minecraft, this is the time to get on. The world is definately more dangerous and a little bit more sweet at the same time.

Exactly how much of the hinterlands will be preserved when we go to 1.8? https://wiki.team9000.net/Team9000_Community_Minecraft is a bit vauge: "7,000 blocks from spawn [...] (don't go much farther though [...])".
A square with corners at x: -8000 z: -8000 and x: 8000 z: 8000 will be kept, everything outside of it (not in the nether or end, since those don't need regeneration) will be trimmed off. For now, you can do whatever you want outside those boundaries, just know that it'll all be rolled back once 1.8 Sponge/Bukkit/anything-that-isn't-vanilla is ready.

Back