Team9000 Minecraft (Community Reboot)

So gurw, if I was to assume the current project you're working is your 2nd attempt at this
Capture5.png

would I be correct?

Also, new maps coming along amazingly. Big mountains and big cliffs and bigstuff are big.

That would be enough, since you have to at least get to the wiki page, where the rules are.

People could still skim the page. A quiz makes sure they understood, or maybe paid some level of attention, or maybe went back and searched for the answer at least!

But they get told in-game instead, which is not ok.

I could be guilty of that but pretty sure I would have only done it for existing community members. I have to say it's easier to remember the coordinates -3000,0 or "3000 blocks west of spawn" than a link to this thread or the rules or whatever. Could we have a /rules command that provided people a (preferably clickable) link to the rules, then we could say "type /rules" when people ask why they can't use buckets? I'm more than happy to tell people I'm not going to do their reading for them if they complain about not wanting to read the rules!

People could still skim the page. A quiz makes sure they understood, or maybe paid some level of attention, or maybe went back and searched for the answer at least!

I could be guilty of that but pretty sure I would have only done it for existing community members. I have to say it's easier to remember the coordinates -3000,0 or "3000 blocks west of spawn" than a link to this thread or the rules or whatever. Could we have a /rules command that provided people a (preferably clickable) link to the rules, then we could say "type /rules" when people ask why they can't use buckets? I'm more than happy to tell people I'm not going to do their reading for them if they complain about not wanting to read the rules!
I'm already in the process of sending Theo the updated config for /rules.
So gurw, if I was to assume the current project you're working is your 2nd attempt at this
Capture5.png

would I be correct?

Also, new maps coming along amazingly. Big mountains and big cliffs and bigstuff are big.
Second? I tried to make it on t9k three times. I did complete it in creative on another server already, this is my eighth attempt at doing it in survival.

But yes, that's it.

And done unless some of the admins have suggestions/complaints. This is the final map,
http://imgur.com/a/yvwry

0tKA09s.png

H7IT6WD.png

A7xTMJ6.png

Also, I just realized the map accidentally looks like Quark
1cf057547f.png

Quark.jpg

Now that its done all it needs is approval from the admins.

(just click on the broken images, or at least they are broken for me)
Adding .jpg to the end of each of your imgur links should fix the images.

So, the Stable next to spawn is complete. It is just west of my shop. You can buy horses and saddles from this stable.

Gurw, would you be able to save the stable as a landmark? Once it is protected, I can fill it up with horses and saddles, hay stacks, and light it up properly with glowstone.

Next on the agenda: A church next to spawn. For all of your religious needs...

So, the Stable next to spawn is complete. It is just west of my shop. You can buy horses and saddles from this stable.

Gurw, would you be able to save the stable as a landmark? Once it is protected, I can fill it up with horses and saddles, hay stacks, and light it up properly with glowstone.

I will build a mosque right next to and and give away superior items just to anger you :3

I have been extremely sick as of late and will not be able to get on for a few days most likely. When I can, I will.

I'm going to make individual threads for each city, as we will shortly have a third. This thread can remain for general info, announcements, and landmark protection requests, etc.

I had an inventory glitch that made me throw a Efficiency IV Fortune II diamond pickaxe into lava (it was still being dragged by my mouse and yet I saw it also thrown away from me, the one still in my inventory disappeared later though!), is there any chance of getting this returned? I'd barely used it :( After I clicked on it I thought to myself "oh crap, knowing my luck something will go wrong, I shouldn't have done this when I'm near lava" and I was right..

Back