• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Team9000 Pokemon Project

Ah yes! This I have done. I made a hamster from hamtaro and a pony, Dr. Whooves. Neither of which were extremely impressive. Not that awesome using it either considering I need more screens or I have to minimize wom >.> I suppose I could try that though. Thank you for reminding me about spritecraft. I had honestly forgotten.
I save and print my Spritecraft results.

I don't have a print so I wouldn't be able to do that. But good suggestion.
I save, and drop the image into either mspaint, or GIMP. In GIMP, you can add a grid to help visually separate the blocks for you. Also, it's not hard to jump between GIMP/Paint and WoM.

I didn't, and will never use programs to make building easier. IMO, not using them makes my sprites more special. Also, I don't like easy things. (This is why I don't like SM3DL much, I've beat the "hardest" level without dying and taking a hit once) Harder things make you feel like you accomplished a much better thing, and I love that feeling. (The moment I cleared The Perfect Run from SMG2 was one of the happiest moments I ever had.)

I didn't, and will never use programs to make building easier. IMO, not using them makes my sprites more special. Also, I don't like easy things. (This is why I don't like SM3DL much, I've beat the "hardest" level without dying and taking a hit once) Harder things make you feel like you accomplished a much better thing, and I love that feeling. (The moment I cleared The Perfect Run from SMG2 was one of the happiest moments I ever had.)
Crog, I'm gonna be honest. I love your enthusiasm. I love your sprites. I hate the fact that you use a texture pack. :confused: To me, it kinda seems like cheating, because the colors are slightly different or, in general, look different. It's one of the main reasons why I don't use one in survival, either.

Crog, I'm gonna be honest. I love your enthusiasm. I love your sprites. I hate the fact that you use a texture pack. :confused: To me, it kinda seems like cheating, because the colors are slightly different or, in general, look different. It's one of the main reasons why I don't use one in survival, either.

I wouldn't call it cheating (unless this thread was about who could build the best looking Pokemon sprite), but it does take away from the shared experience of the game. For example, the only people who would see Crog's Torterra as the one posted would be Crog himself, those who have the same texture pack, or those who have seen this thread.

I was bored of my texture pack, and you gave me the motivation I needed to change it to the default one. Thanks! Here's the pictures of my sprites on the default texture pack (I edited Electivire, he looked crap on the default pack, and Lugia actually looks better in default):

screenshot_20120615222042.png

screenshot_20120615222053.png

screenshot_20120615222101.png

screenshot_20120615222119.png

I save, and drop the image into either mspaint, or GIMP. In GIMP, you can add a grid to help visually separate the blocks for you. Also, it's not hard to jump between GIMP/Paint and WoM.
I use PSP9 for that. It's something similar. Though still it means switching back and forth between something. Would totally make it easier with two monitors. :D

Update to the list:

Golbat, Paras, Venomoth, Poliwhirl, Kadabra, Machop, Machoke, Bellsprout, Victreebel, Golem, Rapidash, Magneton, Farfetch'd, Grimer, Shellder, Hypno, Exeggcute, Marowak, Hitmonchan, Lickitung, Chansey, Rhydon, Horsea, Seadra, Goldeen, Seaking, Jynx, Electabuzz, Magmar, Pinsir, Jolteon, and Omastar.

Paras

screenshot_20120708050802.png

/hat turn - I refuse to let this thread die like I've done before. Even if I'm the only person who cares.

Back