Team9000 Rust Server

NewspaperCrane

Hi Everyone,

I've got a Rust server up for people in Team9000. Right now it's setup so that you must be a member of the Team9000 steam group to access the server, so keep that in mind if you want to play with friends. There isn't much to the server setup right now, but it's running steam essentials.

The IP Address is: 50.31.103.5:28065

To connect to the server you hit F1 and type "net.connect 50.31.103.5:28065" which should get you into the server.

As a helpful hint for new players, I've enabled the starter kit which gets you a shirt, some pants, and a Stone hatchet. Type "/kit starter" to receive this.

Rules:
Just in general don't be a dick. This means no random killing of others, stealing things, etc. Let's think of the same kind of rules as Survival. I do have the ability to ban people, but I'd rather not have to use it.

Installed earlier today, now I just need to finish school stuff and I will hop on. So probably tomorrow.

Just got done playing on a Reddit server. Earlier I was playing and got murdered within 5 minutes of spawning 3 times in a row. Still fun.

Sleepers have been disabled. Also, while I'm out of town this weekend Casey's in charge. I know, I'm scared too.

Considered disabling PVP... thoughts?

Sleepers have been disabled. Also, while I'm out of town this weekend Casey's in charge. I know, I'm scared too.

Considered disabling PVP... thoughts?
I dunno, I haven't joined this server yet (I haven't played Rust much yet due to terribad craptop) but PvP is what makes this game fun for me, not sure about others.

Perhaps we can just put some abstract rules about PvP in place? We're all from T9K. I think we could follow them.

I dunno, I haven't joined this server yet (I haven't played Rust much yet due to terribad craptop) but PvP is what makes this game fun for me, not sure about others.

Perhaps we can just put some abstract rules about PvP in place? We're all from T9K. I think we could follow them.
I mean, really it's already expected that you don't go around murdering random people. If someone steals from you, fine. If you're having territory issues, try to work it out verbally first, and if you both just want to fight... go for it. But no one should ragequit the game because they got murdered by another player if they are minding their own business. Don't be all up in people's cheeseburger though.

Also, a few people have asked me to add some food to the starter kit. The problem with this is you can receive a kit every 4 minutes, and I'd like to keep the starter kit strictly to those who are just starting, the current loadout gives no benefit to someone who already has these items, as they don't wear out, and can eventually be replaced.

Also, a few people have asked me to add some food to the starter kit. The problem with this is you can receive a kit every 4 minutes, and I'd like to keep the starter kit strictly to those who are just starting, the current loadout gives no benefit to someone who already has these items, as they don't wear out, and can eventually be replaced.
Food, by it's nature, is EXTREAMLY hard to get in this game, as it should be.

"Ermehgurd, there are NO ANIMALS."

Go take a walk in the woods, see how many deer, wild boar, etc you come across in a 5-10 minute period. This game is ment to be realistic

Food, by it's nature, is EXTREAMLY hard to get in this game, as it should be.

"Ermehgurd, there are NO ANIMALS."

Go take a walk in the woods, see how many deer, wild boar, etc you come across in a 5-10 minute period. This game is ment to be realistic
Except it isn't. Food is extremely easy to get in this game if you keep traveling.

Except it isn't. Food is extremely easy to get in this game if you keep traveling.
Hmm, I've wondered around for about and hour before without finding any food. I may have just missed it, due to my 6 fps, however my friend didn't find any either.

Perhaps I just have suckish luck.

I think its heavily related to where you are. Even so, it is something I think you should have to do. By giving you up to 1 free one every 4 minutes, it negates having to do this.

Personally, I like the server where it is now. The food can take a while to find, but it is definitely possible to get some after spawning. I haven't done any looting in the radtowns and what not yet, but I am looking forward to it.

Personally, I feel PvP adds a whole extra level to the game. I don't even PvP, but when playing with others, we ahve to be careful not to hurt each other when hunting together. We looted a small town, and we went in armed and ready to take out any zombies we came across. However, any one of us could have accidentally mistaken a one another as a zombie when turning a corner. Personally, I love this extra variable, as it is challenging entering a place and not falling into twitch shooting right away.

tl;dr Keep PvP just for the aspect of friendly fire. That and if someone steals something from me, I want to follow my own justice system.

Yea.
I've been playing non-stop since you were last on Casey, And well. I've done a fair amount.

(On the topic of food, it's hella easy to get I assure you. Well. Fresh spawn is hard, but find a pig and you're as good as gold. Then that goes to building a bow with the cloth, and then you can take down a bear. Bam, enough food to keep you going for ages.)

I've got some loot in the chests Casey, feel free to take what you need.

Oh, and the metal building is mine. You'll know it when you see it.
(Amazing how many building items you can get from zombies.)

Back