That other gaming thread...

NewspaperCrane

So, one of the things I learned about my fellow T9Kers at pax this year is that we play a lot of games... You might be thinking "Well no shit Crane, we're a gaming community, that makes sense." At which point I would smack you for not letting me finish my thought before being a douche.

But I digress, I found out that many of us play many NON video games. Things of the box, board, and card variety.

I myself am interested in board games and tabletop RPGs. I currently play in two shadow run games, and will be starting a pathfinder game this weekend. I also have a weekly board game night with my friends... Our current favorite game is called Sentinels of the Multi verse, but if it wasn't manufactured by parker brothers, we'll play it.

I'd be interested in what non video games you guys play. I also think it might be kind of cool to get a t9k online tabletop group going.... I've been itching to try out Roll20 for a while now, and that might be great place for this.

I've always been interesting in tabletop RPGs but I have never had anyone to play with... I'd be extremely interested in playing an online tabletop with people from t9k.

I play pokemon/yugioh casually with a few mates but mostly it's either a game of 13 or scrabble. However, I am gaining a growing interest in table top Rpg's.

Some of my friends and I will play the occasional match of Hero Quest. We modify the rules to where we fight each other & monsters as apposed to just the monsters. We also play Pazaak, technically it is a video game, but I would love to get a physical version of the card game.

DnD, Pathfinder, Munchkin, Dominion, Ticket to Ride, Cards agasint Humanity, (I want to play) Warhammer 40k, Dresden Files RPG, and any other tabletop game we come across...

Oh and pretty soon we will be starting "Game."

DnD, Pathfinder, Munchkin, Dominion, Ticket to Ride, Cards agasint Humanity, (I want to play) Warhammer 40k, Dresden Files RPG, and any other tabletop game we come across...

Oh and pretty soon we will be starting "Game."
Game is best Game in all of mother Russia.

I'm curious, has anyone played "The Game"?

DasSpiel1.JPG

I'm curious, has anyone played "The Game"?

DasSpiel1.JPG
Game is superior to The Game. I quit playing the game years ago.

Edit: I automatically assumed you were talking about the game as in "I just lost the" instead of an actual game. The dice pyramid game actually looks awesome.

I don't get out much, I don't have many friends (around here). I play Apples to Apples, Scattergories, Scrabble, & Phase 10. I am interested in trying any games having to do with zombies (Zombie Dice, Zpocalypse, Zombies!!!, Zombicide, etc.), I definitely want to play Cards Against Humanity, and I'm willing to try out, really, anything. As long as it's NOT Battlestar Galactica The Board Game >.<

I'm willing to play any game with you guys online :d

Some weekens i like to get with some cousins and we play boardgames and such =3

in terms of Dice&Paper-based games, these are the things I've played:

Pathfinder
DnD
Old and New World of Darkness stuff (Vampire Masquerade, Changeling, hurrah!)
Spirit of the Century (which is what the Dresden Files RPG came from and operates by)
Exhalted
most Unisystem-based games (like All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel RPG, etc)
Don't Rest Your Head
Army of Darkness
Rift

bring up Fatal at all and i'll remove your privilege of reproduction, kthxs...

One of my friends practically has encyclopedic knowledge on 95% of dice and paper RPG games, and he runs most of the games i participate in around my town.

At some point, I'd like to design and do a trial run of a game and concept world I've been designing for either a Toy Story-based world, or a one-shot based on the Nutcracker folklore.

Kat, you are officially on the invite list if i ever get around to running my online table top game(yeah it doesnt make sense but whatever)

I would LOVE to play board games more, but I can't seem to find people IRL willing to hang out with me (probably all scared they'll step on my lawn) and play, and my wife is a stick-in-the-mud and won't play any games with me (full disclosure: it probably has something to do with the fact that I am SUPER competitive, and will not hold back to try to win. Except for cheating. And sex. If you're a female and attractive, I will give sex to win...or lose. Whatever, it's sex. I consider that an instant victory.).

If you're able to get an online board game of some sort together, I would be very interested in playing. Name the game and time and I'll do my best to show up.

I play Risk and Monopoly most often, and I've played DnD once. But I love a good game and if there's good conversation to boot, I'm on board (PUN INTENDED).

Van Canto always puts me in the mood for some epic adventuring... Where else will you find an a Capella Metal cover band?

Anyways, some of my table-topping friends have been discussing a Pathfinder game where everyone plays a Bard of some variety so everyone can give different bonuses to each other, anyone else have a type of D&D or Pathfinder party they've wanted to try?

I myself am a cards guy; I love to play poker or blackjack. I also on occasion will play solitaire or Go fish. I don't know how to play Gen rummy (I think that's the spelling) or Texas hold 'em, but i'm always willing to learn.

Back