• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Difference Between 'Other' and 'Off Topic'

moondoggy23

It has come to my attention whilst browing these fine Interwebs pages that some users have a misunderstanding of the meaning of the 'Other' folder and the 'Off Topic' folder. Let me try to explain the difference in an easy, and short statement.

Other: Meant for topics relating to games OTHER than Minecraft. For example: Halo, or Wii Sports.

Off Topic: EVERYTHING ELSE. For Example: Forum games, non-video game related issues like pineapples, coconuts, and current events.

This isn't meant to be a slam against any one person, but it bothers me to look around the threads and see Off-Topic related material in the Other folder and vice-versa. I know you may get excited about an idea or something you saw and want to post it on here before anyone else does (guilty!), but if you take an extra second of time and look where you're clicking, it'd be in the right place and it might get a few more views by people interested in that particular topic.

tl;dr should only apply to garbage juice that is spewed from the keys of the non-educated, this however, is very well written with a purpose that everyone should be able to understand.

Thank you for making this thread. Now I hope that this gets read by more people because most people only post in other or off topic anyway.

Back