The fastest dying thread

My line of thinking was that the very act of posting in this thread (the "action," and the only action that happens in any thread) is what's preventing it from dying. Hence, this thread can be killed in inaction, but never in action.

I suppose the workaround is that Woot comes around and locks this thread. In that way, his act would finally kill off this thread.

Well if it dies now, it will hold no claim to fame. It won't be the fastest dying thread titled the fastest dying thread, nor the slowest dying thread titled the fastest dying thread, it will just be a mediocre dead thread titled fastest dying thread.

But if a mediocre dead thread titled the fastest dying thread were to join the graveyard of dead threads, of which presumably includes the thread that was once the true fastest dying thread, would not another member furnish a new dying thread whose title lays claim to fame among dying threads, fastest or slowest thereof?

But if a mediocre dead thread titled the fastest dying thread were to join the graveyard of dead threads, of which presumably includes the thread that was once the true fastest dying thread, would not another member furnish a new dying thread whose title lays claim to fame among dying threads, fastest or slowest thereof?
You're, like, so deep, man.

Dear Woot,

Can you please lock this thread. I think the temptation for people to continue to post here is too great and I believe it will become a distraction to the community. In the best interest of Team9000, it should be shut down. If other members of Team9000 could agree to no longer post here in accordance with the directions of the OP (Original Poster) it would make this process much easier.

Thank you for your understanding

Dear Woot,

Can you please lock this thread. I think the temptation for people to continue to post here is too great and I believe it will become a distraction to the community. In the best interest of Team9000, it should be shut down. If other members of Team9000 could agree to no longer post here in accordance with the directions of the OP (Original Poster) it would make this process much easier.

Yeah, i hate that law that says i must read this thread every time i see it, so distracting................

Dear Woot,

it is rather amusing that the only thread that isn't dead is this one ..... :p

Dear Woot,

What is dead may never die.

This thread like a old book that's just sits on the counter.

Once in a while it gets picked up, gets talked about, then is ignored for a while.

Until some picks it up again and starts the whole cycle again...

Now with that out of the way... Live you damn thread, LIVE!!!

Legend has it that whoever posts last when this thread finally dies will receive a fated visit from the fairy Wooty.

Back