• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Federation: City of Cities

Ustulo

THE FEDERATION

This is a thread for those to learn about The Federation, a group of cities coming together to enhance gameplay, and to promote inter-town relationships. Read on below.

Disclaimer~ WE ARE NOT A RECREATION OF THE CYDONIAN EMPIRE, and we are not merging all the cities together into on huge, seething, mass.

-------------QUICK QUESTIONING AND ANSWERING-------------

What is the Federation?
The Federation is a group of cities (larger ones, preferably) that are allied together, given the option of coming together to have fun (think the Biodome party, nonstop!) or to build.

In short, what is your aim?
Increasing inter-city interaction by having a common "hub" and participating in common projects (If you and your town doesn't want to participate in a project, you don't have to. We ain't gonna force ya. :))

How do we meet together?
The Federation meets together in a central location called The 'WorldHub', a place to trade, have fun, and relax with friends or people from other cities, or to do city-to-city planning. The WorldHub will also contain many amenities for everyone to use, as Vorsprung will explain further down.

How do we get to The WorldHub?
Immediately after the wipe, we will run ahead and find a place to build The WorldHub, and then make a marker, and spread out (quite a bit!) to where we will be making your towns. From there, we will have teams mining their way to the spawn, and to the towns, to be able to have fast minecart transportation. After development, one simply has to talk a short ride from their town to the WorldHub.

The WorldHub will be very large - think around 15x15 chunks. It will be a shared area that anyone is free to enter. The area will be claimed with the Towny system, but will be set up in such a way that anyone can access it, and its amenities.

I'm interested, but don't want to have to give up my power over my town to someone else.
You don't have to give up power over your town. There will be no single player who is in charge, the Mayors and Assistants of towns work together as a team, and your towns can stay independent, having to follow only a few rules.

The Federation will be run by the Federation Council. This council will be made up of all the mayors from each town, plus Vorsprung. Vorsprung is the caretaker of the WorldHub. He is responsible for the day-to-day runnings of the WorldHub, and is solely responsible for its editing and running its farms and other systems. Note: he has no extra power over anyone else.

I'm afraid of overcrowding! How will you address that?
Go quite far away from The WorldHub Hub, as not to "clash" with other towns/cities. The last thing we one is a total merge, city directly next to city, with no room to grow.

I'm not interested, I'm just worried about you guys taking over the server!
We have no intention of becoming a dominating force over the server, our affairs should only be with our own.

IT'S JUST A GAME. HAVE FUN, DON'T BE RUDE, DO WHAT YOU WANT, AND DON'T TAKE OVER. ANYONE.

Cool! How do I sign up?- Read on, my friend.

---------------Towns in The Federation--------------
Woodkeep
Petra (Phoenix Peak dwarven city)
Falcon's Eyrie
New Eagle (Eagle's Pass themed housing, for those who want retro)
Caprica
Fellguard
Baltassaria
Sparta

JOINING UP

To enter the Federation, one can enter in two ways: A town can join, or a single person can join.

The easy option is for a single person to join. This involves applying to a (Federated) town that you think you want to be part of. Ask the mayor of the appropriate town and work something out, we don't have control over that. Note that some towns may have particular application threads or whatnot.

The other way is a for a town to join.

If you are a Mayor of a town and want to join, apply to this thread as to why you should be allowed to join. We please ask that you try to not have a ghost town, active players are best. Also, try and only have people in your town that you have complete trust in. The last thing we want is to let thieves or griefers in, or have people who will not follow the Federation community spirit. Everyone in your town must be completely trustworthy.

Another thing is buildings. We ask that you not allow ugly buildings, cuboids make of wooden planks or cobblestone buildings, unless otherwise directed by a town theme. You should have a hotel/apartment building that players who might need them to live in. We want to have beautiful towns with beautiful people, if you don't mind the soppiness. If you need help building or deciding on a theme... Why not ask other Federation members! They'll be happy to help!

Please tell us how many people are in your town, what you hope to accomplish, how you may help the community, experience on this server, and please post an image of your town.

~~~~

If there has been messed-up information about your town/organization, please tell me so. I'll fix it.
If you have ideas about this, please post! It's still developing!
This thread is still incomplete, as we progress in development, I'll fix it up.
If you have a question, post!

~Ustulo

~~~~

This is a general statement to all prospective Federation members.

JOINING THE FEDERATION

What do we have to do?
If (you are a mayor of a town and) you want to join the Federation, all you have to do is ask. The Federation Council will discuss and then provide an answer. (We want only trustworthy towns with trustworthy people. Fair enough though.)
If the council decides to let you in, then huzzah! The mayor of that town will automatically be added to the council.

What's in the fine print?
As a Federated town, you are expected to donate resources towards the development of the WorldHub. You may also be required to help out with the construction of your tunnel connection to the WorldHub. This means some serious moolah will be in order.

Giving up heaps of cash? Then what's in it for my town?
Once the WorldHub is built, you will be riding the gravy train all the way to prosperity! The WorldHub, once completed, will be self-sufficient. In fact, surplus goods produced by the WorldHub (i.e. food from its farms, etc.) will be evenly transported to all Federated towns (or anyone who needs it). Not to mention, your towns will benefit from the WorldHub's transport systems, the amenities at the WorldHub, and most importantly happy interactions with other Federated towns.

Sounds good.
I know, right? The whole aim of the Federation is to promote inter-town relationships. The Federation can also act as a benevolent force on the server, giving players regardless of alignment free food and safe passage.

Groups / Organizations

If a group or an organization wishes to join the Federation, then all they have to do is ask. The council will give the final verdict.
A group/organization will be expected to follow all the guidelines a town has to follow. (See above.)

Note that train lines and other assistance will only be granted to an organization if they have a permanent residence, or have their HQ in a Federated town. If a group/organization has their base as a town, then they can apply to the Federation as a town, etc.

Embassies
All Federated towns and all groups/organizations will be allowed an embassy within the WorldHub complex. This will consist of a single outpost.

~Vorsprung

The Council of the Federation and WorldHub Officers
WorldHub Council:
Pyrofiredelta
Ustulo
flashflame8
Vorsprung
DutchCheese
Projecto
that_taco_guy
Tsysin

WorldHub Caretaker:
Vorsprung

WorldGuard Commander:
TheXraptor

Lead Designers
Kurtis
Vorsprung

Lead Constructors
Hawke
Kurtis
Vorsprung

Head of Cheese Department
DutchCheese

Head of all things regarding TF2
Vorsprung

Supreme Plant-Lords
Allimon
Ustulo

------------------ANNOUNCEMENTS-----------------
Please work as hard as possible to finish spawn tower, so we can begin the search! We will be running EAST of the spawn.

We are now http://t9k.me/QT , If you wish, post signs around the server with it.

----------------------A NOTE ON ARCHITECTURE---------------

As mentioned in the first post, we don't want ugly buildings.
Examples of ugly buildings- *disregard the pumpkins.
2011-08-29_13.38.55.png

And example of a good building-
2011-08-29_14.37.15.png

As a note on "good" buildings, they are not required to look like in the picture.
For towns with good architecture, see Phoenix Peak and Sanctum.

Also, if you are at all shaky on your building skills, read this guide. It is beast.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic...o-aesthetically-pleasing-homes-remade-for-18/

Suggestion: If you aren't applying for something, just commenting on the text, delete your post after getting your point through.

You're in!

On another subject, we need more towns!

We sort of have a wish list-
1. An underwater city
2. A floating city
3. A dome city.

Theft rates are on the rise! Also with the mass amounts of assistants, Greifers being let in will be able to pass through easier.

Anyways, I'd like to add a city to it in which I was going to make a seperate city, But i'll add it in. Basically an underground city. Dug from surface to bedrock it has secret entrances.

More assistans=Some let people in without notice.
Assistants do not have to let people into the town. Why would someone become an assistant if they are incapable of choosing trustworthy people?

Anyways, I'd like to add a city to it in which I was going to make a seperate city, But i'll add it in. Basically an underground city. Dug from surface to bedrock it has secret entrances.
This already exists. Petra, the Dwarven city.

Assistants do not have to let people into the town. Why would someone become an assistant if they are incapable of choosing trustworthy people?

This already exists. Petra, the Dwarven city.

But I highly doubt It has the same structure That I am making.

But I highly doubt It has the same structure That I am making.
PLEASE stop posting so much, you're clogging the thread. In an edited post, please show an image of what you are trying to build. And if your architecture is off, there may be an issue.

Suggestion: If you aren't applying for something, just commenting on the text, delete your post after getting your point through.

i findz if funney that a simple out of nowhere idea with me, masterbuff, and flash sparked into this. and then Ustulo suddenly was all over the idea right when we came up with it... 0.o

anyways, how about something epic, like something from Final Fantasy, such as Damascus or Arcadia

i findz if funney that a simple out of nowhere idea with me, masterbuff, and flash sparked into this. and then Ustulo suddenly was all over the idea right when we came up with it... 0.o

anyways, how about something epic, like something from Final Fantasy, such as Damascus or Arcadia
Original names would make it better, maybe a combination of some latin words. I was actually thinking of this the first time I visited sanctum, about a month ago. I was thinking it out, and mentioned it to you, and it turned out you had similar ideas.

Back