• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Federation: City of Cities

Many swamps up north. I walked until the very border of the map, it's always flat if you walk straight up, sometimes flatland, sometimes swamp, sometimes desert.
Yep, a good place for the WorldHub. :D
This is the situation:
Up in the north.PNG

I'm currently a bit below the Northern Graveyard, in this large snow biome.
Possible locations are as follows:
> The snow biome
+ (positives): quite flat area
- (negatives): no trees

> The north-east desert at 800, -7600
+: flat area, mainly uninhabited
-: no trees, seemingly larger amount of mobs

> Far north, north-east and north-west forests
+: many trees, largely uninhabited
-: may require terraforming, large amounts of mobs

> Almost-at-the-Far-Lands-swamp at 200, -7650
+: almost ideal for settlement; reasonably flat, many trees, water, many other resources, manageable amount of mobs
-: we may experience some lag problems so far north. The size of the biome might also be an issue.

> Ocean at -500, -7505
+: access to all types of resources, uninhabited
-: inherent risks of building in the middle of the sea (will make mining hard)

> Ocean at 1250, -6000
+: access to larger forests, uninhabited, plenty of space

> Pasture at 420, -7850
+: really, really, flat and surrounded by forest, swamp and desert
-: might not be big enough

Need some opinions here.
Kind of curious how a central location can be non-central. If anything, it should be west, since more people have bases away from the water.
We've already decided upon the north as the general location for the WorldHub. Besides, I'm already all the way up there, as is Kurtis.

This is the situation:
View attachment 79206

I'm currently a bit below the Northern Graveyard, in this large snow biome.
Possible locations are as follows:
> The snow biome
+ (positives): quite flat area
- (negatives): no trees

> The north-east desert at 800, -7600
+: flat area, mainly uninhabited
-: no trees, seemingly larger amount of mobs

> Far north, north-east and north-west forests
+: many trees, largely uninhabited
-: may require terraforming, large amounts of mobs

> Almost-at-the-Far-Lands-swamp at 200, -7650
+: almost ideal for settlement; reasonably flat, many trees, water, many other resources, manageable amount of mobs
-: we may experience some lag problems so far north. The size of the biome might also be an issue.

> Ocean at -500, -7505
+: access to all types of resources, uninhabited

> Ocean at 1250, -6000
+: access to larger forests, uninhabited, plenty of space

> Pasture at 420, -7850
+: really, really, flat and surrounded by forest, swamp and desert
-: might not be big enough

Need some opinions here.

We've already decided upon the north as the general location for the WorldHub. Besides, I'm already all the way up there, as is Kurtis.
here is my current problem, we will connect to the world hub no matter what, but it might make more sense for us to have a direct spawn connection if its directly north of woodkeep (krinzler is where woodkeep is in the pic)

here is my current problem, we will connect to the world hub no matter what, but it might make more sense for us to have a direct spawn connection if its directly north of woodkeep (krinzler is where woodkeep is in the pic)
It is very convienient if WorldHub is north of Woodkeep, in terms of rail arrangements. I guess we could just have a branch off the main spawn line to Woodkeep then.

It is very convienient if WorldHub is north of Woodkeep, in terms of rail arrangements. I guess we could just have a branch off the main spawn line to Woodkeep then.
I would rather have the spawn line of the world hub isolated. Another idea would to have more of a "Spawn hub" as to a mini hub half way between spawn and the majorities of the cities. The "spawn hub" would be more of a spawn connection, while for spawn-hub travel, it will have a direct line. Also, if The World hub was protected (towny) we could have it south of the major cities. We might even be able to coax woot into making the Federation a "nation"

I would rather have the spawn line of the world hub isolated. Another idea would to have more of a "Spawn hub" as to a mini hub half way between spawn and the majorities of the cities. The "spawn hub" would be more of a spawn connection, while for spawn-hub travel, it will have a direct line. Also, if The World hub was protected (towny) we could have it south of the major cities. We might even be able to coax woot into making the Federation a "nation"
Le what?

First you say isolation is bad, now it's good...

Your idea of a waypoint is good, and we might pursue that.

Anyway, what's the advantage of being a nation?

Le what?

First you say isolation is bad, now it's good...

Your idea of a waypoint is good, and we might pursue that.

Anyway, what's the advantage of being a nation?

I am pretty sure if your in a nation, you can access stuff in other cities of the nation. Not positive though.

By the way, I fully support a redstone department.

Many things can be done with Redstone, including making advanced, auto farms, gates, and death traps.

There are many opportunities we are ignoring if we do not include a Redstone Department.

i dont think you can break things cause when echonia was allys with NCC i couldent break blocks in NCC
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
An informal alliance between two towns is not a nation. Even I know that much.
By the way, I fully support a redstone department.

Many things can be done with Redstone, including making advanced, auto farms, gates, and death traps.

There are many opportunities we are ignoring if we do not include a Redstone Department.
That being said, we don't need a dedicated Redstone department.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
An informal alliance between two towns is not a nation. Even I know that much.

That being said, we don't need a dedicated Redstone department.
then make the redstone department a branch of the military and also i am sorry i am not that smart with towny i prefer redstone

Back