• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Federation: City of Cities

i dont think you can break things cause when echonia was allys with NCC i couldent break blocks in NCC
We never had nations enabled, and thus if you were part of other town you could never break/build in other one (there is exception but that wasnt your case). Nation provide rights in town which are labeled "ally".

We never had nations enabled, and thus if you were part of other town you could never break/build in other one (there is exception but that wasnt your case). Nation provide rights in town which are labeled "ally".
What does that entail?

That depends on support we receive for Towny. If nation is off, then only options to have something pressed in WH (like button to power up cart) will be to enable that for outsiders (aka anyone) or change the design a bit (wooden plate drop ons instead of stone one). This also requires separeted chest protection from permission switch as we received such upgrade at the end of previous stable world, or you are in trouble of robberies all over the WH. Or that you will have to fully manage and support plot making and enabling such plots for outsiders (if thats even possible).
Or just turn nation on and set proper permissions. Your (or more like Wootys) choice.

That depends on support we receive for Towny. If nation is off, then only options to have something pressed in WH (like button to power up cart) will be to enable that for outsiders (aka anyone) or change the design a bit (wooden plate drop ons instead of stone one). This also requires separeted chest protection from permission switch as we received such upgrade at the end of previous stable world, or you are in trouble of robberies all over the WH. Or that you will have to fully manage and support plot making and enabling such plots for outsiders (if thats even possible).
Or just turn nation on and set proper permissions. Your (or more like Wootys) choice.
So... Without nations on, I have to set permissions so that outsiders can use switches but not use chests.
But with nations on, it works like a whitelist?
I'm still not entirely clear.

Nope, right now chests opening falls under switch category. That chest permisson by my guess was Wooty's custom coding.

There are {resident/ally/outsider} type of users. Ally is only under nation (aka nation of few towns, anyone from such town is ally in WH and those permissions apply to him/her) - which means limited amount of people are accessing the stuff (in this case buttons, pressure plates, doors and whatnot).

In our current situation (no nations) you will need to make these permission for Outsiders, and that would probably be bad idea as now chest is under switch also. So atm your only good option is good design (for example wooden pressure plates instead of buttons - they switch on when item is dropped on them). Other could be setting special plots for outsiders, but those are very impractical in real world.

You can always bypass this for few people (like mayors) by giving them assistance and as such those would qualify as residents i believe. But it wont work for masses of players.

Nope, right now chests opening falls under switch category. That chest permisson by my guess was Wooty's custom coding.

There are {resident/ally/outsider} type of users. Ally is only under nation (aka nation of few towns, anyone from such town is ally in WH and those permissions apply to him/her) - which means limited amount of people are accessing the stuff (in this case buttons, pressure plates, doors and whatnot).

In our current situation (no nations) you will need to make these permission for Outsiders, and that would probably be bad idea as now chest is under switch also. So atm your only good option is good design (for example wooden pressure plates instead of buttons - they switch on when item is dropped on them). Other could be setting special plots for outsiders, but those are very impractical in real world.

You can always bypass this for few people (like mayors) by giving them assistance and as such those would qualify as residents i believe. But it wont work for masses of players.
Right.
Ah well, nothing I can't work around.

So... Without nations on, I have to set permissions so that outsiders can use switches but not use chests.
But with nations on, it works like a whitelist?
I'm still not entirely clear.
Nations can only be created by admins. Existing towns can join a nation. The towns can set what allies in the nation can do in their town. It would affect the world hub by protecting it, but still allowing anyone in the Federation access to the city

Nations can only be created by admins. Existing towns can join a nation. The towns can set what allies in the nation can do in their town. It would affect the world hub by protecting it, but still allowing anyone in the Federation access to the city
In that case, we don't really need it.

I'll just preceed as normal.

Is this the world hub?

Capture.PNG

no need i know that when i skrew up its bad but when you dont work its ok :D
Vorsprung has roughly 6 different things to do at the same time. You have 1 main priority and a small area in the town you are in. You blow off the main priority to do the small stuff, while Vorsprung is going to be busting his ass trying to do everything at once.

There is a huge difference.

Vorsprung has roughly 6 different things to do at the same time. You have 1 main priority and a small area in the town you are in. You blow off the main priority to do the small stuff, while Vorsprung is going to be busting his ass trying to do everything at once.

There is a huge difference.
Exactly.

I've got a lot of work to do. And the by-product of that work will be heaps of valuables for everyone.
Hang tight.
And may I just state: you are off doing your own business, where I am off doing business for the entire community.

Not trying to be arrogant or anything, but that's how it is.

So... I've got to:
1. Mine >3,000,000 blocks
2. Craft and place >1,000,000 Stone Bricks and Slabs
3. Plant >2,000 seeds
4. Organize >100 Redstone systems
5. Get about >11,250 Diamonds
6. Chop down over >1,000 Trees
7. Make sure everything is synthesized together so WorldHub can be built.

I've done the math.

Exactly.

I've got a lot of work to do. And the by-product of that work will be heaps of valuables for everyone.
Hang tight.
And may I just state: you are off doing your own business, where I am off doing business for the entire community.

Not trying to be arrogant or anything, but that's how it is.

So... I've got to:
1. Mine >3,000,000 blocks
2. Craft and place >1,000,000 Stone Bricks and Slabs
3. Plant >2,000 seeds
4. Organize >100 Redstone systems
5. Get about >11,250 Diamonds
6. Chop down over >1,000 Trees
7. Make sure everything is synthesized together so WorldHub can be built.

I've done the math.

Today I punched some grass......

Back