• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Federation: City of Cities

Is this ever going to come to fruition? It's distance from everything seems to make it useless to go to. I have been mining a tunnel for rails from Cydonia there and it seems to be as though this project has come to a standstill and needs to be updated.

What is going on with the Worldhub?

I don't mean to 'offend' Vorsprung and I'm not trying to push my way in, but I have talked it over with my group and we're willing to 'donate' the Spawn Sphinx (160x160 plot of land directly north and adjactent to Spawn) for a complementary Worldhub-like location and possible replacement for World Hub if it fails in concept due to technical issues. It is currently up (structure wise but lacking in 'internal structures', basically operational and ready to go.

i'm saying that most towns already made their paths to other cities they want to keep in contact with
Also is the WorldHub still supposed to be waaaay up north? That serves no purpose, especially if it takes longer to get to a hub and to another city than the already existing rail to whatever city you wanted to go to.

Also is the WorldHub still supposed to be waaaay up north? That serves no purpose, especially if it takes longer to get to a hub and to another city than the already existing rail to whatever city you wanted to go to.
i think sparta is north of it, all other cities are south of it
with cydonia being one of the closest, it still takes a long time to get there

This was an awesome concept, but it appears to be just that - a concept. With Vorsprung barely on and almost no progress on the building, I fear that the WorldHub may never be completed.

This was an awesome concept, but it appears to be just that - a concept. With Vorsprung barely on and almost no progress on the building, I fear that the WorldHub may never be completed.
i think what everyone is saying is that the longer the wait is for the world hub the more that the world hub is not needed A.K.A. building needs to start again

No I think we can pronounce World Hub DOA. With all due respect to Vorsprung and my fellow towns; The time for World Hub has come and gone. This window of opportunity for the concept has closed. Most towns have nether rails systems connecting to each other (or piggy back).

There were technical limitations that we never addressed (IE 1 guy owning more that 8 blocks of land), location complaints, building rights,and a lack of Vorsprung's availability which lead to nothing happening besides the original land grab

I am still today what I would call a champion of the concept, but for this world it's just a concept. It's time has come and left.

Please note that I would support Vorsprung and a similar attempt in the next world; I think we just need to take notes, lick the wounds, and know what we need to do to make it better next go 'round'.

Planning for it now would probably not be a mistake; but yah,

/me pulls out a gun and shoots 1.0 World Hub in the head

Do we know if there will ever be a new world?

I can answer definitively yes, if not for technical reasons (new features, etc). Eventually the server will look like a 'hot mess' that needs to be reset. It's just a question of how long..For that I don't' have an answer

Do we know if there will ever be a new world?
Yes, most definitely. Whether the world is wiped when it gets to "outlands state" (you'll know what I mean if you played a few months back) or when a new feature comes out, it will happen sooner or later.

Back