• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Federation: City of Cities

My brain hurts.
Lol. And I didn't even get to the REAL fun stuff. Yeah, it's confusing, but I just seem to get it. Oh, and did I mention that redstone doesn't work like electricity? Well, I'm getting carried away. Back on topic, what can I do to help construction?

Sorry I didn't explain, and I know it is a bit off topic, but I thought I would show what I am working on. First off, please learn up on base two, as I don't want to give a math lesson. It's a pretty simple concept, and it can be applied to all other bases. A computer uses base two, so it is important to inderstand before further explanation. So, onto the most basic kind of adder. A one-bit half adder is exclusively for adding two one-bit numbers. A one-bit number in base two is either a zero or a one. These two numbers are represented by the two inputs, A and B. The outputs, S and C, represent the three possible solutions. These consist of zero, one, or two. Two is written as 10 and represented by C being powered. One is represented by S being powered, and zero is represented by neither S nor C being powered. Confused? We're just getting started! A one-bit full adder is very similar to a one-bit half adder, except for one difference. Instead of just A and B as inputs, it also has C, which can come from any other adder, allowing not just two one-bit numbers to be added, but two! And 3! And n amount of one-bit adders there are bit numbers. In other words, if one has four one-bit full adders , or at least 3, with a half adder, two four-bit numbers can be added. The first adder adds two one-bit numbers, for a maximum of two with no input. If it gets one, it powers S, representing the total number of 2^0s in the sum. If it gets two, the result is carried on as C to be added with the next two one-bit numbers. But these are no ordinary one-bit numbers; they each represent two! A sum of one is output as S, but it actually represents two! Can you guess what happens next? If it gets a two, really a four, it is carried on as C to be added with the fours, each represented by a one- bit number. S represents four. On the top deck, the eights are added. The final sum can be modeled by: A0*2^0+A1*2^1+A2*2^2+A3*2^3+ well... the same thing for B. Can you figure out what all of this means? This might help.
-Highrise
And how, exactly, does this have to do with the development of The Federation?

Sorry I didn't explain, and I know it is a bit off topic, but I thought I would show what I am working on. First off, please learn up on base two, as I don't want to give a math lesson. It's a pretty simple concept, and it can be applied to all other bases. A computer uses base two, so it is important to inderstand before further explanation. So, onto the most basic kind of adder. A one-bit half adder is exclusively for adding two one-bit numbers. A one-bit number in base two is either a zero or a one. These two numbers are represented by the two inputs, A and B. The outputs, S and C, represent the three possible solutions. These consist of zero, one, or two. Two is written as 10 and represented by C being powered. One is represented by S being powered, and zero is represented by neither S nor C being powered. Confused? We're just getting started! A one-bit full adder is very similar to a one-bit half adder, except for one difference. Instead of just A and B as inputs, it also has C, which can come from any other adder, allowing not just two one-bit numbers to be added, but two! And 3! And n amount of one-bit adders there are bit numbers. In other words, if one has four one-bit full adders , or at least 3, with a half adder, two four-bit numbers can be added. The first adder adds two one-bit numbers, for a maximum of two with no input. If it gets one, it powers S, representing the total number of 2^0s in the sum. If it gets two, the result is carried on as C to be added with the next two one-bit numbers. But these are no ordinary one-bit numbers; they each represent two! A sum of one is output as S, but it actually represents two! Can you guess what happens next? If it gets a two, really a four, it is carried on as C to be added with the fours, each represented by a one- bit number. S represents four. On the top deck, the eights are added. The final sum can be modeled by: A0*2^0+A1*2^1+A2*2^2+A3*2^3+ well... the same thing for B. Can you figure out what all of this means? This might help.
-Highrise
We don't need a lesson in computer sciences, just tell us why did you need such a machine and what is it's relation to this whole thread.

Well, it's off topic and now I'm feeling a bit sorry for posting. It started when I was explaining that I'd be a bit busy and I was working on this in my single player world. I felt that it would be cool to post a screenshot, and then I was asked to explain. Well, I went a bit overboard. I could delete/edit some posts, and we could drop it. Or if you really want, I could explain it elsewhere. Again, sorry.
Update: deleted. Sorry for posting it.

Well, it's off topic and now I'm feEling a bit sorry for posting. It started when I was explaining that I'd be a bit busy and I was working on this in my single player world. I felt that it would be cool to post a screenshot, and then I was asked to explain. Well, I went a bit overboard. I could delete/edit some posts, and we could drop it. Or if you really want, I could explain it elsewhere. Again, sorry.
Nah, you don't need to delete it. We need little things like this to keep our blocky lives happy. :)

Awesome idea.

Pentagon.jpeg

Why don't we make the outside barrier a Pentagon?

I think the walls should be circular, to give a better appearance, because to be honest, this would look fugly with rectangular walls.

I think the walls should be circular, to give a better appearance, because to be honest, this would look fugly with rectangular walls.

I totally agree with Ustulo. No offense there, portal, but to even get CLOSE to building that correctly would be an awesome feat of engineering.

I thank you Vorsprung for allowing The Nether Knights an embassy in World Hub. I just wanted to get that out there on this thread.

Yes. I'm sure we'd have a permanent base, but I don't think it will be to large due to most our resources going to our outpost in the nether.
Size doesn't matter. As long as you have one, there will always be a train line from WorldHub to it.

so... where will the world hub be?
Currently, I'm planning to have WorldHub in the far north. I'm up there scouting a good location, but I'm discussing with Ustulo and Kurtis as to where we are going to place it exactly. There's a selection of biomes we can choose from, but it really comes down to resources.

Speaking of which...

WorldHub will soon be under construction.
Also, big thanks to the Castle Melmac crew for being so generous to me.

Currently, I'm planning to have WorldHub in the far north. I'm up there scouting a good location, but I'm discussing with Ustulo and Kurtis as to where we are going to place it exactly. There's a selection of biomes we can choose from, but it really comes down to resources.

Speaking of which...

Many swamps up north. I walked until the very border of the map, it's always flat if you walk straight up, sometimes flatland, sometimes swamp, sometimes desert.
Yep, a good place for the WorldHub. :D

Speaking of which...

Very sorry I haven't been on, the terrors of the inventory exchanges are too much for me.

Kind of curious how a central location can be non-central. If anything, it should be west, since more people have bases away from the water.

Back