The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Photos

moondoggy23

Whilst perusing ign.com yesterday, I found this article which had pictures of some of the dwarves for the upcoming two part film by Peter Jackson: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey. I squealed with joy at the sight of these photos, they look amazing, and I can't wait to see more. The photos are only of some of the dwarves.

the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-20110713111341600-000.jpg

Bofur, Bombur and Bifur

the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-20110712043601939-000.jpg

Dori, Nori and Ori

the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-20110712041742964-000.jpg

Oin and Gloin (Gloin is the father of Gimli, by the way)

the-hobbit-an-unexpected-journey-20110712041721512-000.jpg

Fili and Kili

Yeah, they seem pretty skinny for dwarves. I'm still super pumped after seeing these photos. I'm going to be re-reading The Hobbit here very soon.

hahaha yes me too, im currently finishing off my reread of the silmarillion though, which is killing me hahaha

Indeed.
Hollywood always messes up the books. Look at Eragon for a prime example.

Yeah... Hollywood does screw up the books... One only has to look to, like you said, Eragon. Heck, they left so much of books out of the Harry Potter series.
But I think that The Hobbit will do well. The LOTR movies were good, right? The Hobbit should be pretty good too.

Yeah... Hollywood does screw up the books... One only has to look to, like you said, Eragon. Heck, they left so much of books out of the Harry Potter series.
But I think that The Hobbit will do well. The LOTR movies were good, right? The Hobbit should be pretty good too.

Hm...maybe. I'm super excited for the movie. Don't get me wrong, I'm going to go see the movie unless something horrendous happens. I am still keeping my reservations, although Peter Jackson is directing the film, and it is in two parts, so it will hopefully follow the book fairly well. Unlike the ending to Return of the King. I want my battle for The Shire, damnit!!!

Back