The LGBT Thread

mcfar45

The issue of homo/bi/trans-sexuality is a controversial one that starts many many debates. It is something that is also close to my heart as I am bisexual and I have 2 gay friends.

I do not want this to become a flame war or a hate thread, I want this thread to be a place for people to discuss LGBT related issues and stories so please, while you are free to express your own views, please be respectful of other members who may deal directly with the issues being discussed. Please don't derail or troll this thread as it is a serious discussion!

Found this on my FB newsfeed just now,

303401_10151715620075094_848905093_23986915_1794026054_n.jpg

Thought it be relevant.

I have reason to believe that adding certain chemicals to "purify" the water causes hormonal imbalances and causes the victim to have changes in sexual arousal... just one of many side effects. Infertility included.

While of course there may be people who are just gay by fate or something like that...

There's alot of chemicals being put into people's bodies without their knowledge or consent to turn them homo.

I suppose the "gay" trend has increased disproportional to population.

I suppose the "gay" trend has increased disproportional to population.

The 'gay trend', as you put it, could simply be due to the fact that changing attitudes in society mean that a higher proportion of LGBT people today are happy to openly disclose their sexuality as opposed to in previous generations where the consequences of doing so were much more severe. That is to say, the increase in LGBT visibility does not necessarily mean that there is a greater proportion of LGBT people in today's society than at any point in human history.

The 'gay trend', as you put it, could simply be due to the fact that changing attitudes in society mean that a higher proportion of LGBT people today are happy to openly disclose their sexuality as opposed to in previous generations where the consequences of doing so were much more severe. That is to say, the increase in LGBT visibility does not necessarily mean that there is a greater proportion of LGBT people in today's society than at any point in human history.

That's a factor too.

Of course, the real question is not why some people prefer men to women, but rather why some people prefer brunettes to blondes! Of course, from a logical perspective, neither discussion ought to have more gravitas than the other.

And if the oestrogen theory had any merit one would expect MTF transexuals, who undergo oestrogen treatment to become more physically female, to become overwhelmingly attracted to males. In fact, there are many documented cases of lesbian MTF transexuals, who are attracted to women even after undergoing the sex change from male to female and thus enduring greater levels of oestrogen than one would ever imbibe from the water supply. Indeed, how many men have started losing facial hair and growing breasts from drinking tap water?

Moving on from theories about chemicals in water...

The idea of "Gay Marriage" is being thrown about a lot lately and I object to the the phrasing of it as a "marriage". Just to clarify, I fully support the idea of equal rights and the ideas behind the push for Gay Marriage, I think however that marriage is not the right term to be using. marriage has been used for the last 1000 years by the Church and has become a religious term to denote the union, under God, of a Man and Woman.
The term that SHOULD be used to denote the union between 2 people of the same sex is a "union" or a "partnership". This would solve a lot of issues with regard to the debate. Of course these "partnerships" must have the same legal rights as the existing marriage laws.

I live in Adelaide, any australian knows that the tap water in Adelaide tastes like shite because it needs to be chemically treated, due to us being at the end of the murry. But still, I'm not ga-

Oh shit, I'm bi! But still... I mean my fr-

All my friends are Gay/Bi too!

OH SHIT, YOU'RE ONTO SOMETHING :eek:

Back