The LGBT Thread

It's everywhere unfortunately, even when you think everyone is accepting and loving. But his dad is not the ruler of your life or relationships. If you still want to be best friends, his dad can't stop you guys from doing so.
Sadly though he can still decide if you can come into his house @_o

So yesterday I was discriminated against for the first time in my life for my sexuality. Atleast that I know of. I was all set to go to summerfest for the weekend, and I was planning on staying the night at my best friends house for a night or two. However, his dad finds out that I am bi-sexual, and I am no longer able to be friends with him according to him. It really hurt to see that people are still so offence towards things like this, despite the widespread knowledge and acceptance for where I reside.
People like that simply do not understand as the concept is foreign to them. Anyway, just because his dad is like this doesn't mean that you and him can't be friends behind his back :)

Tonight is the Logotv Trailblazers event! It's celebration of marriage equality and all the progress that has been made since the StoneWall riots

It's strange how gays and bisexuals are considered "immoral" by most people.

It's like saying, oh the majority likes Tacos so we better beat up all the Pizza lovers...

It's like saying, oh the majority likes Tacos so we better beat up all the Pizza lovers...
Because Religion doesn't exist.

Of course people's takes on religion are different, but people will always have their beliefs.

Because Religion doesn't exist.

Of course people's takes on religion are different, but people will always have their beliefs.
I'm pretty sure religion exists.

You may have meant to say "all religions are false", which I would like to state, people can have beliefs, and not be douches (Aka: they don't think that homosexuals are immoral). As courtesy to those people, let's not generalize or attack people for not being atheist, okay?

In fact, the most homophobic person I ever came across was an atheist.

You may have meant to say "all religions are false", which I would like to state, people can have beliefs, and not be douches (Aka: they don't think that homosexuals are immoral). As courtesy to those people, let's not generalize or attack people for not being atheist, okay?

Thought police. Waaeeeeooooo

AKA: They can think whatever they want. So long as they don't act like douches.

So yesterday, I came out to my friends about being bigender, and it is really a breath of fresh air. I don't need to hide parts of myself anymore from my best and closest friends, and they are OK with it and totally supportive, which is great for me. I hope you guys will be the same way.

So yesterday, I came out to my friends about being bigender, and it is really a breath of fresh air. I don't need to hide parts of myself anymore from my best and closest friends, and they are OK with it and totally supportive, which is great for me. I hope you guys will be the same way.
I myself, am kind of scared to admit that I'm bisexual to my friends. ;(

I don't usually worry about it. Mind you, I don't hang out with closed-minded dinktwits. Don't like me the way I am? That's cool, you're not my type - be it romantically, sexually, or friendshipally.

I was being sarcastic, when I said "because religions don't exist" (please don't question my literacy, that hurt my feelz;()

I personally am Christian.

I recognize that not all atheists are douches, most of my friends are indeed atheist, but it's true that Atheist people's morals are more variable, as they are not confined by a religion. As such a douchey atheist and a really nice atheist will likely have a larger gap between them than two people of religion.

And like Gurw said, you can believe what you want. Don't be the thought police, it's acting on what you think that makes you a douche.

I made that sarcastic comment towards ZSG to show that people are allowed to believe what they want, so long as their actions aren't homophobic.
I have a couple of gay friends, and they know I don't really support homosexuality, however we're still friends.

There are more to people than their beliefs, and there are more to people than their sexuality. If both sides of the argument could see this, we'd be in a better spot in the world.

To be honest, it used to rub me the wrong way (no pun intended) and I've had quite a bad experience in the past regarding someone gay, but over the past few years I have become accepting of many things, including the LGBT community.

What I do still have a problem with are those who are radical about being gay, that they feel anyone who does not embrace LGBT are bigoted imbeciles and should be burned at a stake. I worked with someone so nazi that if I so much as accidentally mentioned anything related to her gender she went bezerk.

I feel like people should not get mad at either side of the argument. As long as everyone gets treated like a human. What I am noticing lately are people mistreating people who are anti-gay. You can't treat those people badly, it is ironic in the sense that you wish to be treated with equality and respect. So give it to those who are pro-gay and anti-gay. People who don't deserve respect are those who wish bad intentions to either side. Those are the people I have a problem with.

To be honest, it used to rub me the wrong way (no pun intended) and I've had quite a bad experience in the past regarding someone gay, but over the past few years I have become accepting of many things, including the LGBT community.

What I do still have a problem with are those who are radical about being gay, that they feel anyone who does not embrace LGBT are bigoted imbeciles and should be burned at a stake. I worked with someone so nazi that if I so much as accidentally mentioned anything related to her gender she went bezerk.

I feel like people should not get mad at either side of the argument. As long as everyone gets treated like a human. What I am noticing lately are people mistreating people who are anti-gay. You can't treat those people badly, it is ironic in the sense that you wish to be treated with equality and respect. So give it to those who are pro-gay and anti-gay. People who don't deserve respect are those who wish bad intentions to either side. Those are the people I have a problem with.
Exactly. Most people don't see it as two sides of the same coin.

It's two takes on the same argument. That's all there is to it.

Neither side is more of a douche than the other. They're both trying to force a large stake into society.

Here is another emotional video about bullying I found:

IF YOU EVER FEEL DEPRESSED OR SUICIDAL OR JUST NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO ABOUT PROBLEMS, CALL ONE OF THESE NUMBERS:

USA:
  • Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
  • Trevor Project: 866-488-7386

AUSTRALIA:
  • Lifeline: 13 11 14
  • Suicide Call Back Service: 1300 659 467
  • Headspace: 1800 650 890

UK:
  • Hopeline: 0800 068 41 41
  • SupportLine: 01708 765200

EUROPE:
Hotline List