The LGBT Thread

Yeah, I've actually come to terms w/ the idea of being trans instead of trying to repress it for near a decade!
Funny how when your break preconceived notions you've set up in your mind, things make a lot more sense in the end.

Oh, and me re-reading all the old posts in this thread.
you are already gay.png

Hey melexi, if you don’t mind my asking, what pronouns do you prefer
Hah, good question! I'm still in the process of talking with doctors and such, sorting out the timeline for the next year. Personally rn I prefer he/him but that'll probably change before the end of the year, how about you?

Figured I'd make a post about this on the site eventually and I figure now that it is long since dead I have nothing truly to fear (If I ever did). I don't even mean to make this a "personal vlog" but more of a discussion of those of us who risk losing or have lost much of their lives for simply being.

I pieced together that I was trans not long before wootles shut down the server though I spent a long time contemplating the situation after. I wanted to be sure I was not about to walk into a mistake brought on by my own teenage angst clouding my judgement. Outside of telling some very close friends my secret to search for advice I was extremely secretive on the subject. My local GSA had become so wrapped up in politics that I was ousted for my libertarian viewpoints and thus they were no help to someone who faintly pretended to be the "cis male" they so much despised. Surprisingly it was though anime conventions and being able to cosplay that I was able to express my inner gender and those experiences kept me going in very dark times. After a trip to Ghana to work in an orphanage during my summer before senior year I decided to finally attempt to come out to my parents. I remembered my own mother being quite trilled on Kailin Jenner's coming out just a year prior. This was a false sense of security.

My parents said nasty and horrible things to me: "I'll never believe in your happiness", "Who could ever love a freak like you", "you're brainwashed" ect. While I wasn't kicked out of the house or punished (other than verbally) for my identity it was still clearly too dangerous to be open about myself to them or those outside of my close circle of friends. For two more years I hid that part of myself away and after returning to Ghana and taking a semester in Morocco, I asked my older sister for advice. While at first she was willing to help me, she too turned on me in order to pander to our parents and attempt to claim that she knew me better than I could know myself (Ironically she was the more liberal minded of the already anarchist family). Over this last year my childhood home became a prison and I've had to leave nursing school for a year and hide out living on my own in Maine (Same place I go to school so I'm not unfamiliar). Only in the last month was I able to (out of my own pocket, lacking insurance) get HRT therapy and begun physically transitioning (My family doesn't know and I refuse to let them until the changes are clearly visible). It's been a long and awful journey and I cannot honestly tell you if the whole shitshow has been worth it. But I can leave people questioning gender identity or any other identity some advice:

BE SURE THIS IS RIGHT FOR YOU! It may seem obvious to those of us living in more trans-phobic situations, but transitioning is not a game nor something you should partake in if you are honestly going through a phase of experimentation (Not to imply that this is for you or anyone else). Watching your family fall apart, your relationships, maybe even a marriage; none of this is worth the risk until you are absolutely sure though deep introspection that this is right for you. This is incredibly important if you are currently in a very liberal minded area (Like most college campuses) to consider because if you step out into the rest of the world you will find the cold grip of cruelty engulf you and it will drive you mad. I can't use public bathrooms anymore because I will get dirty looks no matter which I walk into (hopefully as my transition progresses this will change). I get called "f@6607" in the bus terminal on my way home to visit friends. Keep in mind that I am short, long haired, and femininely faced but if I attempt to present male I get hounded. If you financially rely on anyone in your life who might reject you for your identity, wait until you have the funds to escape them. Save up enough to pay for a month's rent if you need to run away like I did.

On an upbeat note this bitch is gonna try drag for the first time soon
The best advice I was ever given was to think long and hard as to if you enjoy presenting female for the fashion/attention or if you genuinely feel it to be right for you. Think of the person you want to see when you look in the mirror in the vacuum of your own solitude.

Glad to know I'm not the only trans person in this community :biggrin:
Something about a video game where you can mold the world in your own image though your own effort seems to appeal to those of us with gender dysphoria.

That's some pretty good advice Babybacon
Personally I've been aware of my identity for many, many years and currently in a healthy relationship with someone who understands and respects my identity. I'm not out to my family but they're respectful and understanding enough that they probably wouldn't care either way (in fact i wouldn't be surprised if they'd already figured it out just by guessing). Everybody's situation is different of course and I know I'm one of the lucky very few.
I know for a fact that when you start looking at yourself and figuring out you might not be the gender you were assigned a lot becomes pretty clear, but there's also nothing wrong with somewhere down the line realising you were wrong and deciding not to transition or even coming to find you're non-binary rather than one or the other. Everybody finds their path differently.
And not all transitions turn into a horror story, there are of course bad times but surrounding yourself with good people and finding your family, whether they're blood related or not, gives you some solid ground to stand on, even if those people are only able to offer emotional help. After a long day of discrimination or bad events simply coming home to talk to my boyfriend makes it so much better.
Best advice I can give is to experiment. Figure out what makes you feel good and makes you feel a little more human. If it feels right, talk to your GP/doctor . Your doctor is your gateway to transitional therapy, especially in Australia. And definitely find a support group, I did and I found so much out about trans people in my local community and found out I'm not even going to have to travel all the way to Sydney for endo or surgery. And most of all, be strong. There are so many people in the world who are willing to help you and hold you up when times get tough. All you have to do is reach out and have hope.

Man this really ya been eye opening to read your stories, and I’m glad you guys had the courage to share them, as I know many people are scared to do so because of the repercussions.

Hah, good question! I'm still in the process of talking with doctors and such, sorting out the timeline for the next year. Personally rn I prefer he/him but that'll probably change before the end of the year, how about you?
I also use he/him pronouns, though I am also cis gendered currently. I hope everything gets sorted quickly for a quick transition!

Figured I'd make a post about this on the site eventually and I figure now that it is long since dead I have nothing truly to fear (If I ever did). I don't even mean to make this a "personal vlog" but more of a discussion of those of us who risk losing or have lost much of their lives for simply being.

I pieced together that I was trans not long before wootles shut down the server though I spent a long time contemplating the situation after. I wanted to be sure I was not about to walk into a mistake brought on by my own teenage angst clouding my judgement. Outside of telling some very close friends my secret to search for advice I was extremely secretive on the subject. My local GSA had become so wrapped up in politics that I was ousted for my libertarian viewpoints and thus they were no help to someone who faintly pretended to be the "cis male" they so much despised. Surprisingly it was though anime conventions and being able to cosplay that I was able to express my inner gender and those experiences kept me going in very dark times. After a trip to Ghana to work in an orphanage during my summer before senior year I decided to finally attempt to come out to my parents. I remembered my own mother being quite trilled on Kailin Jenner's coming out just a year prior. This was a false sense of security.

My parents said nasty and horrible things to me: "I'll never believe in your happiness", "Who could ever love a freak like you", "you're brainwashed" ect. While I wasn't kicked out of the house or punished (other than verbally) for my identity it was still clearly too dangerous to be open about myself to them or those outside of my close circle of friends. For two more years I hid that part of myself away and after returning to Ghana and taking a semester in Morocco, I asked my older sister for advice. While at first she was willing to help me, she too turned on me in order to pander to our parents and attempt to claim that she knew me better than I could know myself (Ironically she was the more liberal minded of the already anarchist family). Over this last year my childhood home became a prison and I've had to leave nursing school for a year and hide out living on my own in Maine (Same place I go to school so I'm not unfamiliar). Only in the last month was I able to (out of my own pocket, lacking insurance) get HRT therapy and begun physically transitioning (My family doesn't know and I refuse to let them until the changes are clearly visible). It's been a long and awful journey and I cannot honestly tell you if the whole shitshow has been worth it. But I can leave people questioning gender identity or any other identity some advice:

BE SURE THIS IS RIGHT FOR YOU! It may seem obvious to those of us living in more trans-phobic situations, but transitioning is not a game nor something you should partake in if you are honestly going through a phase of experimentation (Not to imply that this is for you or anyone else). Watching your family fall apart, your relationships, maybe even a marriage; none of this is worth the risk until you are absolutely sure though deep introspection that this is right for you. This is incredibly important if you are currently in a very liberal minded area (Like most college campuses) to consider because if you step out into the rest of the world you will find the cold grip of cruelty engulf you and it will drive you mad. I can't use public bathrooms anymore because I will get dirty looks no matter which I walk into (hopefully as my transition progresses this will change). I get called "f@6607" in the bus terminal on my way home to visit friends. Keep in mind that I am short, long haired, and femininely faced but if I attempt to present male I get hounded. If you financially rely on anyone in your life who might reject you for your identity, wait until you have the funds to escape them. Save up enough to pay for a month's rent if you need to run away like I did.

The best advice I was ever given was to think long and hard as to if you enjoy presenting female for the fashion/attention or if you genuinely feel it to be right for you. Think of the person you want to see when you look in the mirror in the vacuum of your own solitude.

Something about a video game where you can mold the world in your own image though your own effort seems to appeal to those of us with gender dysphoria.
I definitely enjoy presenting myself as a female, it’s very freeing to me. I rarely see myself as male whenever I dream, select characters, etc. I don’t think I could be trans but who knows what the future might hold.

Back