• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Next Level, A Sad Memory, And the Unforeseen Future

Cheese7710

Today, All of these things came to mind. This, the day I graduated from high school, has been eventful. Being the Salutatorian of a class of 15, I had to give a speech. I was nervous, but I did it. Since my dad was the principle, I was handed my diploma by my father on stage while my photographer mom took the picture of us.

I was happy...but then I realized...I have no clue what's up ahead. What adventures I'll have. What hardships I must endure. Of course, I smiled pretty for the cameras, but inside I was afraid.

Then, just as I left, a voice I haven't heard in two years came from behind me. "Congratulations Eli." I turned around and in a glimpse I saw Danielle, The sister of my first love Bella. Bella was still my close friend, but she just stopped talking to me one day. I lost Danielle in my thoughts, and I searched, but in the crowd she vanished. All I wanted was for her to tell Bella that I said "Hey." and to congratulate her on her recent engagement. I heard that Bella's wedding date has been decided, but I guess she didn't want me to come...

I have someone I love, but Bella was still my friend. My greatest friend. She talked me out of suicide, cutting myself, and giving up on anything. She helped me have the strength to walk across that stage tonight.

As I'm typing this, I am eating a cake that says "Gratz Grad!" My sister gave me the hat on top of it. This is a true story. My story.

Dude. I'm really sorry for you. Much empathy for what happened to you. I hope you will see your close friend again. That truly is devastating. But hey congratz on your graduation. You truly deserve it :)

Maybe instead of being sad and afraid of the unknown future or the unforgettable pasts, look at yourself in the present and think of the many accomplishments and achieved goals. Again, congrats dude. And hey, you always got us dude :)

I graduate end of next week, and honestly the only thing I have been able to think about the past 4 years is what I want to do and accomplish once finally out of high school. I'm not so blind as to think everything will go perfectly, and I see you are also aware that difficult times are approaching. I will say congradulations for what it's worth, and I'm also glad that you were able to share some of the problems you've had or encountered throughout life so far. I keep very distant from most everything, whether that be good or bad. But if you ever want to talk about something feel free to PM me. You've always seemed like a pretty cool dude Cheese :thumbsup:.

Graduation is scary. I made a huge mistake myself, at 16 years old I thought I wanted to be a civil/electrical/mechanical engineer. As it so happens, that's a really boring job. Turns out I hate sitting behind a desk all day.

So I started my apprenticeship as an electrician, and I love it. I'm nearly 6 years later than I could have been, but I'm here.

Mistakes happen. You can't predict them, but you can learn from them.

The Unforeseen future can be scary at first, but that is the fun part...living it.
Conga rats on your Graduation and always think of the good memories you had in the past!

Back