The Official T9K Pokemon League

I would enter this, but I just don't have the patience to create a competitive pokemon team. That being said I would still like to help out any way I can.

EDIT: I made a badge. Why? Because I felt like it.
Badge.gif

Now then, what's the consensus on legendaries? Chiba has allowed it, and it factors into my team selection.

Note, though, I am fair. There's no way in hell that I'll bring out a Dialga unless everyone else in the league plays just as dirty. I will not use any legendaries with a base stat total greater than 600.

So, then, who will hate my guts for using a legendary, and who all believes that none of us should use any at all?
My original team was comprised of no legendaries, nor megas because the original idea was that those would be unfair. Since Chiba has allowed them, I'm torn on what to use. I have every almost every legendary in my storage box and I'm not sure which would compliment my team the most. However, a lvl 100 Lugia would round it out nicely, but could be deemed "OP" by some if built properly.

I'm torn whether it's a good idea allowing them or not.

My original team was comprised of no legendaries, nor megas because the original idea was that those would be unfair. Since Chiba has allowed them, I'm torn on what to use. I have every almost every legendary in my storage box and I'm not sure which would compliment my team the most. However, a lvl 100 Lugia would round it out nicely, but could be deemed "OP" by some if built properly.

I abide by Smogon rules only in terms of I wish to see Smogon Ubers banned. Though that fits nicely into a rule of "Nothing with a BST greater than 600" (Plus speed boost Blaziken, and a few Mega evos)

Anything that's been a version mascot, Lugia, Groudon, Reshiram, Giratina, etc. I object to. But lesser ones, such as the trios (Gen 1 birds, Gen 2 beasts, Regis, Gen 4 lake trio, etc) I see as fair and adding a lot of variety to the game.

I'm willing to use lesser legendaries, myself, but if everyone agrees that legendaries of any kind are a dick move, I'll gladly abide.

Now then, what's the consensus on legendaries? Chiba has allowed it, and it factors into my team selection.

Note, though, I am fair. There's no way in hell that I'll bring out a Dialga unless everyone else in the league plays just as dirty. I will not use any legendaries with a base stat total greater than 600.

So, then, who will hate my guts for using a legendary, and who all believes that none of us should use any at all?

This was the exact same argument that popped up when the Mega Evos launched. People believed they were as, if not more, powerful as a legendary pokemon, and people argued that if we have them, we might as well have Legendaries, too, or none at all. This is why I'm saying 1 only. If I end up filling a spot (I plan to default to an unclaimed type if there's one left when launch date comes around), I'd like to know that I have the option /IF/ my team feels inadequate. I can also rest easy knowing I'm not going to be against some assmunch with 6 Legendaries.

Something that has always bugged me is that people are always looking at the numbers. What pokemon have the biggest numbers, as surely those pokemon are the best. The issue with this is that the pokemon itself is only part of the whole ordeal. That pokemon will sit there, scratching its butt, if the trainer has no idea what they're doing. All it takes is one mistake for a battle to immediately go in someone's favor. There's also a good bit of luck involved. Maybe your non-STAB Ice Beam crits for maximum damage on the enemy's Zekrom, taking it out in one hit. Maybe you timed a switch-out perfectly to put your opponent in a bad spot. :) It's things like this that make me enjoy Pokemon the most.

I abide by Smogon rules only in terms of I wish to see Smogon Ubers banned. Though that fits nicely into a rule of "Nothing with a BST greater than 600" (Plus speed boost Blaziken, and a few Mega evos)

Anything that's been a version mascot, Lugia, Groudon, Reshiram, Giratina, etc. I object to. But lesser ones, such as the trios (Gen 1 birds, Gen 2 beasts, Regis, Gen 4 lake trio, etc) I see as fair and adding a lot of variety to the game.

I'm willing to use lesser legendaries, myself, but if everyone agrees that legendaries of any kind are a dick move, I'll gladly abide.
No idea what a Smogon is, or a Smogon Uber.

And why do you object to version mascots? Some of them are pretty terrible in comparison. Used my Yveltal once, thought it was shit, and back in the box it went... So many better options in the Legendary department out there to use than that thing. And don't get me started on Zygarde being a useless POS (Although not a "Mascot" I'm including it because of how bad it is).

In personal battles that I have with my friends, I abide by the tier lists at www.smogon.com, for the X/Y generation. The banned Pokemon tend to be the ones with 680 or so Base Stat Totals, which coincidentally happen to end up being version mascots and the usual third in the trio. (Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, for example) Yes, this includes Lugia. Yes, some of these legendaries can be terrible. Zygarde is indeed nothing remarkable, though Yvetal is a very capable Pokemon, it just needs to be used correctly.

Pokemon is a game heavily influenced by both numbers and chance. I'm the analytic type who wishes to know the numbers first. It does not matter how powerful a Pokedex entry says a Pokemon is, that will not determine its functionality in-game. What matters is that some Pokemon are statistically better than others, and while it is a very possible situation that someone could pull out an Arceus that knows only normal-type moves and lose, the point is that there are some Pokemon that tend to break the game. I will assume that all of the people entering this league are competent enough, and I'd like to see 670+ BST Pokemon banned, except for Slaking. :p

I am by all means a fair player. I'm already abiding by the rule of one legendary OR mega-evo, and I will only use Pokemon with a BST of 600 or less. Not that that's a hard-set number, but the coincidence is that anything with a BST higher than 600 also tends to be game-breakingly powerful. I'd like to see input from more players here, and we can discuss what we decide to ban.

How the hell do you even find out what a pokemon's BST is?
Add the individual base stats. Base stats determine stat distribution among 'mons. You can find the statistical data on sites such as Serebii or Bulbapedia.

I'll give you a starting point, the 600 mark is for Pseudo legendaries (Dragonite, Garchomp, Metagross) and lesser legendaries (Heatran, Lati@s, Mew.) I would rather not see any mons that exceed that.

Add the individual base stats. Base stats determine stat distribution among 'mons. You can find the statistical data on sites such as Serebii or Bulbapedia.

I'll give you a starting point, the 600 mark is for Pseudo legendaries (Dragonite, Garchomp, Metagross) and lesser legendaries (Heatran, Lati@s, Mew.) I would rather not see any mons that exceed that.
Dont mind if I pull out my Salamence, Mew, and Deoxys

Dont mind if I pull out my Salamence, Mew, and Deoxys
I said that I wanted Smogon ubers banned, that means Deoxys. A Pokemon can still be drastically overpowered even with a 600 BST.

Salamence and Mew are fine, IMO, but you're incapable of using both due to the type clause.

And even then, weren't you looking to challenge me for Steel, anyway? :p

Chiba says said:
The Mega-Evo must also abide by the Single Type Clause for members, but the Pokemon itself before the Mega-Evo does not. You must evolve it immediately if you plan to use it, should that be the case.

Although I understand this rule point. I don't agree with it. The Mega-Evo is part of the strategy. I'm (usually) not going to mega my 'mon in a battle as soon as I put it out. An example would be if I use my Lucario. If I need to take down an opponent right away, I may mega and use Close Combat and break that mofo in half, but I'm not going to mega Lucario unless I need to. Maybe an alternative to this rule is that the 'mon must meet the single type rule pre-mega. If theep wants to use Gyrados and then mega him, I would be OK with that move. It's part of the game, and it would make things more challenging and less predictable. If we keep the rules as-is, then if the dragon-type leader wanted to use mega Ampharos, it'd be obvious that's what the leader is going to do, and make combating him/her a bit easier.

I said that I wanted Smogon ubers banned, that means Deoxys. A Pokemon can still be drastically overpowered even with a 600 BST.

Salamence and Mew are fine, IMO, but you're incapable of using both due to the type clause.

And even then, weren't you looking to challenge me for Steel, anyway? :p
I sold my DS for cash, and not sure if I want the new one. I still have my Black2 with my toons, but its a matter of drive of getting the actual stuff to use them. And besides, I think you're the better trainer here. I'd probably use my Sunny Day team for Fire gym.

Also that was joke, about the ubers/pseudos

I sold my DS for cash, and not sure if I want the new one. I still have my Black2 with my toons, but its a matter of drive of getting the actual stuff to use them. And besides, I think you're the better trainer here. I'd probably use my Sunny Day team for Fire gym.

Also that was joke, about the ubers/pseudos
Oh, fire types. Pick the advantage against me, I see how it is. ;P

So I take it you are going to be a challenger, and not applying for a leader spot?
I'll probably try for a leader position xD all depends when the event is, and when I'll decide to get a 3ds. Now that I think of it, having half non fire types in a team defeats the purpose huh?

I'll probably try for a leader position xD all depends when the event is, and when I'll decide to get a 3ds. Now that I think of it, having half non fire types in a team defeats the purpose huh?
Regulation #1 for the members. :3

That pretty much sums it up :p

And I already inquired about "wild cards" (Pikachu that knows fly, etc...) and was shot down.
Ok so all 1type then? Im ok with that. Now just need to know how many people are comitting so I know whether to use time and money

Back