The RPG/JRPG/MMORPG Thread

Flareloop

I didnt see a thread on it so I decided to make it.
What RPGS are you guys into.
Also Recommendations are helpful, old or new. Im always on the look out for
obscene or unheard of RPG

Your Friend
Flareloop :3

The thread should be in the Video games section.

I played Cabal in 2008-2009. It was a pretty fun retro-futuristic game, I liked the characters skills, quests, maps, PvP, music... I had a blader. But I gave up at level 79 because I was too weak and I didn't spend any money on the game.
And that's one of the main problems with free-to-play games. Sometimes people who pay for games have too many advantages compared to people who don't.
I could give a list of (mmo)rpgs I've played but it's going to be outdated. My computer is too old and can't hendle recent games.

As far as I've seen there are next to no people here who have played Chrono Trigger. Seriously if you haven't played it i would highly recommend it.

The thread should be in the Video games section.

I played Cabal in 2008-2009. It was a pretty fun retro-futuristic game, I liked the characters skills, quests, maps, PvP, music... I had a blader. But I gave up at level 79 because I was too weak and I didn't spend any money on the game.
And that's one of the main problems with free-to-play games. Sometimes people who pay for games have too many advantages compared to people who don't.
I could give a list of (mmo)rpgs I've played but it's going to be outdated. My computer is too old and can't hendle recent games.
good o'l days, had a lvl72 force archer or what was it called and a lvl 42warrior, loved the awesome looking combat tho, was sexy as fuuk
also ended cause of the same problem you had, non-paying players just get no chances against paying ones :(

talking about obscure mmorpg's anyone here ever tried mu-online? ;D
i've personally spent, now i think that would be months all put together, on all kinds of different servers, level after level, reset after reset, i've personally always liked the idea of joining a easy pvp server and becoming the strongest, without paying a dime ;D
(since obviously most servers live on the income the web shop brings)

As far as I've seen there are next to no people here who have played Chrono Trigger. Seriously if you haven't played it i would highly recommend it.
I actually have and beaten Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross :D
And if you still own a PSX I highly recommend Xenogears, Parasite Eve, and Persona 2

I actually have and beaten Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross :D
And if you still own a PSX I highly recommend Xenogears, Parasite Eve, and Persona 2
Xenogears is an awesome game, but I was never able to beat it.
Chrono Trigger/Cross were great, well, mostly Chrono Trigger, I was never able to get into Chrono Cross.
I've only played The 3rd Birthday, it had a pretty good story, and I enjoyed the gameplay, but I never got to try out Parasite Eve.
Persona 2 is probably my favorite in its series. I enjoyed the characters, the story, and the all-important persona fusing.
Except for maybe it was ridiculous to grind for 200 tarots of a certain arcana just for one persona :p.

Im actually a huge fan of the Shin Megami Tensei as a whole, if you havent played them your in for a treat
Persona Series
Nocturne
Digital Devil Saga
Devil Summoner

Seiken Densetsu 3 was an great game, but I only played the fan made translation on a SNES emulator. My favourite thing about it is that, while the plot remains basically the same, many main aspects change depending on who you chose as your main character at the start, (out of 6) meaning you can play though it several times, even thought it takes some time to do just one play through.

Minecraft........
27294347.jpg

Some older RPG's you might be interested in playing if you haven't already:
-Star Ocean The Second Story
-Final Fantasy 7 & 8
-Pokemon
- Legend of Legaia

Absolutely loved playing those games growing up. Never got to finish the second disk of Star Ocean.

In all seriousness, allow me to start listing games I've play and games I am continuing to play.

Played, but play no longer:
World of Warcraft
Grand Chase
Rumble Fighter
Aion
Dragon Saga (I was a beta tester. :3)
Dream of Mirror Online
Dungeon Fighter Online
Ether Saga Online
Exteel
Fists of Fu (Beta tester once again)
Fly for Fun