• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Ship Servers

tweeeeeet

The servers for the past 2 weeks have for some reason constantly fluctuated and causing everyone in the server to lose connection. This is getting progressively worse to the point that now everyone disconnects every 30 minutes.

Any ideas? not sure what the problem could be but it is getting bad and your guys server is the best one out of them all.

**UPDATE**

There was a guy in last night who was unable to find the problem, here are some specifics. I'll Update this as it happens most likely more so tomorrow as I'm off

TODAY MARCH 19th at 11:44AM PST SERVER NK1010
Full Server Disconnect (Watch players in server drop from 10 to 0)

**UPDATE**

There was a guy in last night who was unable to find the problem, here are some specifics. I'll Update this as it happens most likely more so tomorrow as I'm off

TODAY MARCH 19th at 11:44AM PST SERVER NK1010
Full Server Disconnect (Watch players in server drop from 10 to 0)

I see that there was a full server crash at that time, but because srcds logs aren't flushed very often, I don't have much to go on (the log just cuts off randomly and then shows the boot sequence). Was the crash during a map change?

Edit: I've removed hlstats from our ship servers (hlstats doesn't even... make sense for the ship and was throwing errors). I've also set srcds to reboot our ship servers in debug mode the next time they crash. So, two crashes from now, we should have some nice crash logs.

Any update on what the debugging found? Just had another crash at 1:35PM PST NK1009. Hopefully it's showing something ;(

Another one at 2:16 PM Same Server

With PAX East starting in less than 2 days, there might not be any follow-up on it until Woot's back (not sure when he leaves).

Are you ever going to fix your servers? It keeps on disconnecting everyone which makes us keep playing the same maps over and over again since we can't reach the bigger maps.

Are you ever going to fix your servers? It keeps on disconnecting everyone which makes us keep playing the same maps over and over again since we can't reach the bigger maps.
I and some others played the game only a couple days ago and had no problems.

Any update on what the debugging found? Just had another crash at 1:35PM PST NK1009. Hopefully it's showing something ;(

Another one at 2:16 PM Same Server

I had a chance to look into the issues today. The crashing is originating from our sourcemod install, but the cause isn't definite. I've cleaned up a bunch of our plugins for the ship installs, which may or may not fix the issue. If the crashes continue, I'll just pull sourcemod all together and that ought to fix it.

Also, I've changed our configuration scripts to launch the server on a random map after a crash.

Back