• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The wayward seafaring town of Maridia

- whasaminecraft
- experienced (~ year) [As far as T9K goes: builder in classic server, and played in the previous Survival Map for about 1-2 months before wipe]
- No previously joined towns
- In the survival server, I've only made necessary survival-related builds (pretty much amounts to one build since other farming resources are scarce) since I've recently started playing in the server, but here's my basic farm for wheat (if anything, it should show my dedication to work, and I can definitely build a better home than a cubic 3 block dirt hut):
20120501_114726.png
-Not sure, actually. I guess we'll just have to find out. :D

Aw, there's no more garden thingy halfway up the tower? :(
It's still there patch :)

- whasaminecraft
- experienced (~ year) [As far as T9K goes: builder in classic server, and played in the previous Survival Map for about 1-2 months before wipe]
- No previously joined towns
- In the survival server, I've only made necessary survival-related builds (pretty much amounts to one build since other farming resources are scarce) since I've recently started playing in the server, but here's my basic farm for wheat (if anything, it should show my dedication to work, and I can definitely build a better home than a cubic 3 block dirt hut):
20120501_114726.png
-Not sure, actually. I guess we'll just have to find out. :D

Have you been to sign island? If so feel free to drop the main town and we'll be more then happy to help ya setup, approved :D

P.S. Updated resident list and fixed some stufffffffffffff =P

Nooo!!! No more
Hello all my fellow T9Kers, just figured I would throw our little sea city into the mix of optional open towns for people to apply to. We are a bustling revamped city with much potential for growth due to the new portal system (making us just 6 mins. from spawn via sign island teleport) and our revised community.

I extend a hand to anyone willing to build and contribute back to the town. We are also actively looking for someone to help with our Safari Zone, the only place to get ocelots (cats), which is an openly safe zone for wayward travelers to pick up a cat.
~~~RECENT NEWS!~~~

WE'RE A METROPOLIS!!!! Congratz guys we've made it to METROPOLIS level of the towny mod, keep up helping new residents out and working on the awesome buildings :D.

New town projects include: Arena, Shopping Mall (blue district), City Beautification Act, Grand Harbor (western part of town.) Crabbie's Cruises (Cruiseliner project in harbor)

Outposts are popping up everywhere! Invasion imminent! Speak with the Outpost leaders to setup a plot today!

Great job to all residents for their continued efforts to help each other out with building ideas and material collection!

To all new accepted applicants: All districts are open for development! Grab a plot today and move on in to Maridian Society! For blue district resident plots speak with Bored as a few will be reserved for the Grand Mall.

Town coordinates on map: 7766, 65, 890

All we need to know about you:

-username
-previous experience in minecraft?
-previous towns?
-screenshot of recent build.
-do you get seasick?

Town Screenshots:

View attachment 99972 View attachment 99973 View attachment 99974 View attachment 99975 View attachment 99976 View attachment 99977 View attachment 99978 View attachment 99979

More Screenshots to come.

Good 'luck' and happy building :D

~Bored

Town Charter

Mayor: Daboredgamer​

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Assistants:

Maridia Public Safety: Bhamwildcat, crabbie1, Duinbergen
Rail Station Outpost: Alzamora, Randy1333
Western Castle Outpost: ForsakenGuy
Northern Sign Isle Hideaway Outpost: masters5
Shroomaridia Isle: Memetics
Super Spawn Outpost: Xecutioner91890

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Residents:

redezem, bartwol, Alzamorajr, skryter, Brad_Dodge, BEASTBOY77, Caleb2002rules, Rufus_The_Miner, 1Creator34, Bluefire199, anakinfu, shawndodge, Girls_is_Awesome, csimiami14, jrl51592, AnonymousV2, willrut123, max1341, Bengalclaw, Teslabomb, Silenced_Muffin, mightyvandle, _Joostb, Somentus, spicemanx4, LIkeABoss122521, Night_Wolfex, taurendruid, johnshepard, polly2011, craponyou101, hunt5520, neghvar, BenTheWis, carrot04, F3arMahSw0rd, quazymodo, foxzm, ARMAGEDDEON92, Tobbai, MarkAureliusIII, ryan615, MechaFail, MindFracture, soaringchicken, bubbleremix

Don't be shy to ask an assistant for town tours and info :).

No more double name :( ;( :unsure:

Arctic outpost is looking good, everyone should go visit. X coordinate is 213 just head north from the north graveyard until you see a giant igloo! If you are a town member you can enter. I encourage everyone to drop by, and if you want to live there, talk to me and maybe we can work something out! -Nightwolf/Nordic/Swag P.S in game name is Night_Wolfex.

Ask Xecutioner, he's usually always on. Look on the map list at t9k.me/map, he's usually near the top :D

Great, all Unowned plots can only be accessed by assistant rank and higher. I died and lost all my stuff at my mine and am stuck at the sign island outpost trying to get there, but I can't. Somebody is walking around the town, I don't think they are even part of it. I lost all my stuff thanks to them, and also thanks to the glitch.
Seriously, why is this necessary?

Wait what happened? Unowned should be available to all residents... Gonna look into it.

Update: Well reset the town permissions (only town permissions, individual permissions should be unchanged) hopefully that fixed the unowned plot permissions. Let me know :)

And woah woah woah 58 people in the town!!! :D Keep up the great work guys and helping the new residents get settled into the town :)

Updated town resident list and updated recent news!

One thing I want is for the chicken coop to open, I keep digging a hole around the glass on crabbie's plot to get in :D

Also bored, may I just remove the other track from Sign Island outpost? My prediction is that it will take about 3 minutes to get from there if I take all the powered rails. I already made some powered rails and managed to go from 4 minutes to 3:46.13 minutes using a stopwatch.

Hmmm don't worry about the 2nd railway to sign island. I occasionally use it to get to the outpost when I know others are coming from sign island :)

And awesome work on the railway neghvar :D. I totally want a few beers at the tavern :p Anyways sleepy time so see ya l8rs ladies and gents.

Well bored, if there is a collision, you could just put the cart on and keep moving. It would be nice if I could get a lot of powered rails, I really want to break the 3 minute mark if possible. A 14 second drop for 128 powered rails isn't that bad.

I'm just finishing up a new skeleton mob grinder. Found a spawner out to the left of my plot. I'll add a small tower to make it easier to see. Once you get there just follow the signs. I wanted one that was closer to Maridia and less hassle than the aptly named "death trap" at the outpost.

Finished the exterior of my new house :D I don't really know what to do with my old one now, it's got a mine and a chicken coop in it.

Also Bengal, your grinder is amazing :D Feels good to get to kill so many skeletons but also be in a large mine shaft area. I also settled a spider spawner just a short walk outside the mob room, with signs on where it is. I also got to improve the Sign Island triple spawner room and find another one about 15 seconds away from it, but only a single spawner. Because they function best in low light, I used just redstone torches which give off very dim light, so you will need to turn up your brightness. Even though I managed to work out the triple spawner a bit, Bengal's spawner is still the best. It also works faster than the tall grind towers, which is nice.

wait it's back again.... wth...
not anymore. I was leaving the outpost and it wasn't letting me interact with anything. I dug my way out. went to the spawn tower, came back after awhile and it was working again. Idk whats up with it.

@Calypto I was thinking we could implement the design on the skeleton spawner in a way that it would do the same job with the trio of spider spawners. It should allow for getting xp to be three times as fast. And guess what, after several tries last night, I received silk touch! :D

not anymore. I was leaving the outpost and it wasn't letting me interact with anything. I dug my way out. went to the spawn tower, came back after awhile and it was working again. Idk whats up with it.

@Calypto I was thinking we could implement the design on the skeleton spawner in a way that it would do the same job with the trio of spider spawners. It should allow for getting xp to be three times as fast. And guess what, after several tries last night, I received silk touch! :D
hmmm...a spider spawner. I wouldn't mind going to this to get some string to make some bows and fishing rods.

Also, I'm thinking about asking Squishy for some jungle saplings cause I only have 4 and each time I harvest a tree, I get 1 sapling per tree. So really, I get the same amount back that I plant. I have a shit-ton of wood but I don't need wood. I need saplings for that jungle farm thing we talked about earlier. I don't know, the jungle trees are annoying.

Back