The Wonders of Classical and Orchestral Music

Creeper

I don't typically listen to classica and orchestral. Today I listened to dubstep, metalcore, and pop-punk. But every now-and-then, I just like to lay back and listen to classical. It's so wonderful to listen to. You may ask, "Why not Zoidberg?" I will retort softely, "Why not Classical Music?" and you will then sink into your shoes of defeat, riveted by my awe-inspiring words of jimmy-rustling preportion.

They truely are the purest mediums of music. Everyone enjoys it. Let's make a thread of it!

I will admit, my knowledge of the genre mostly only runs as deep as Modern Orchestral. Maybe you guys can help me out and find a few older tunes, if ya know what I mean?

Can't wait to see what becomes of this thread when I wake up. Ciao.

(scroll down a bit)

Honestly, the orchestral music that are derivations from video games are some of my favorites. Most notable the Halo franchise.

Martin O'Donnell is a genius.

Honestly, the orchestral music that are derivations from video games are some of my favorites. Most notable the Halo franchise.

Martin O'Donnell is a genius.
Well in that case:
...and I kept thinking I was forgetting about something when listing off video games in my head:

Well in that case:
...and I kept thinking I was forgetting about something when listing off video games in my head:
I swear the Halo OST had to be one of the greatest OST for any video game. Granted most Halo games have awe inspiring soundtracks but Halo 3's (if you looked at the behind the scenes for the orchestral) had the genius Martin O'Donnell orchestrating it which made it amazing because he is just such a genius.

Keeping in line with Theo's post, have my favorite GRV piece.

I would throw Requiem in here, alongside a dozen or so movie and video game soundtracks, but you all can find those on your own. (And I'm too lazy. :D)

Summer and Winter from Vivaldi's four seasons are great (Then again, I love the violin)

Summer:

Winter:

My favorite however is Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata

Also, Mozart's Requiem:

Non-modern orchestral?

Well....OK.

One of the most popular, well-known, and genuinely classical orchestra pieces, I present to you Beethoven's No. 9 in D Minor.

Back