• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

The Worst of Team 9000's Cities (Part 2) (NOT FUCKING EXPERIMENTING)

TheXraptor

Ohai. About a month and a half back, I ranted about the horrendous abominations that plagued our old Team 9000 worlds. This is the conclusion of the rant.

Note: Everything in this blog is pure opinion. No rating scale is used, the cities are listed in no particular order (unlike last time), it's just a randomly piled together listed of terrible cities. I might not even list all of the bad cities, just the ones that I clearly remember being terrible. Also, I joined Team 9000 mid-OxyTown, so no cities prior to that time period will be listed.

New Creeper City was the first major city of the 1.7 world. Organized under the leadership of Diamond Girl, they started out with a pretty successful little village. However, it was only successful for a very short period of time. Things went downhill. Actually no, it didn't go downhill. It flew off a fucking cliff. I did not really watch NCC very closely for a long period of time, but it went from the first successful town to a shithole, and fast. Being located right on the border of the spawn, it needed protection. To do this, they erected giant cobblestone walls (which protected the city very poorly, considering I was able to get over the wall and do a Cities of the Server episode for it). When you entered the front gates, you saw what was once a great city, with small wooden houses and a hotel. Then you look out in the distance, and see giant, ugly, cobblestone skyscrapers and government buildings. The city's layout was the worst I had seen in a long time, multiple neighborhoods in the city were griefed, and worst of all, it was a ghost town. Unfortunately, its followup was not better, it was far worse.

(New) New Creeper City, like its predecessor, started out a successful city. It was the home of many people, and though its buildings were not great, they were not as ugly as the buildings of New Creeper City. Also like its predecessor, it was located just outside the spawn borders. (New) New Creeper City was also Nether user friendly, as they had a public portal which led to a Nether pathway connected to many other Nether destinations. Things were looking great. Then Diamond Girl got banned for being underage. The town then lost its protection. Being a spawn city, you can imagine how well that went. Thus, the NCC Ruins was born. It was filled with the remains of player's homes, abandon buildings, and worst of all, mobs. Players died here constantly. For reasons I'm not sure, mobs LOVED to spawn here. You'd see it in the chat all the time "New Player was killed by a Spider". It didn't say he was in the NCC Ruins, but you knew. Since the NCC Ruins was one of the first things you saw leaving the spawn, it made for bad first impressions by new players. Fortunately, since the public Nether portal was out of plain site, it remained in use by many Nether-goers until it was finally destroyed mid-way through the previous world's life. Near the end of the previous world's life, a group of unknown players flattened the ruins and created their own town, making acceptable, not destroyed housing and a much nicer environment. It was the end of (N)NCC's miserable life. Similar to (N)NCC, this next town had a very unfortunate ending.

After Phoenix Peak, DutchCheese became the new leader of the Cydonian Empire. He's the best leader evar. However, the town of Cydonia was flawed. Unlike Eagle Pass, which was the first planned out Team 9000 city, Cydonia had very little planning. This resulted in the town being a mess. I had some great times in Cydonia, however, it suffered from multiple severe problems. One was, as stated, the lack of planning. It resulted in tiny 20x20 plots, which were all bunched together in a mess known as the "Downtown area", at least by me. The next major issue was the lack of build quality. Being neighbors with Haven, you'd expect their amazing building skills to rub off on Cydonia. However, most houses in the Downtown area were lacking. They were by no means bad houses, but they were not excellent either. This did not apply to all houses, and it DEFINITELY did not apply to the capitol building or buildings surrounding it, but the overwhelming majority of buildings were lacking. The issue that nailed in the coffin though was the inactivity. Cydonia was filled to the brim with members, however, 90% of those members were completely inactive. Eventually, Cydonia (now called Old Cydonia) was completely abandoned. New Cydonia then flopped. At the very end of the previous world's life, Old Cydonia was destroyed by hackers. Learning from our mistakes, us at Cydonia will be making an amazing city in the new world. The Cydonian Empire is awesome. This next group of people is absolutely not.

InflammableBean. God dammit. I hated everything about this town, and I despised those who ran it. The town itself was butt ugly, and it was extremely poorly organized. I don't want to re-ignite a long-dead fire, but here is nearly every reason I hated this town: https://www.team9000.net/threads/people-these-days.20375/ It caused a gigantic shitstorm. I know, I'm at fault too, but you can only take so much of somebody's bullshit. However, everything was worked out, and while it was sort of a giant misunderstanding, that doesn't excuse the initial behavior of InflammableBean's leadership.

Hopefully, our new world will be free of shit-stains like these.

Wow, sounds like I've missed out on ALOT. Last thing I remember was building Cydonia. I'm happy and proud that you're carrying on with the dream. :D

Lawl, Xraptor. Phoenix Peak was tons of fun, you just weren't ever on when most of us were. Things like chasing Twisted in Pedo skins, taking a trip out to the Pumpkin shrine (some 4000 blocks away) as well as making a tunnel and rails to the shrine.

It was not a failure on the town's part, but on yours. Do not bash a city for being "boring" simply because you had nothing to do.

I bashed it because the people who WERE having fun were in a completely different timezone. I was on constantly, and it was practically a ghost town when I was on.

You're American? Early morning to afternoon, we were usually on.

Edit:

I request that you remove "Phoenix Peak" from being one of the "shit stains" because of such a silly thing as being "bored." There were many things to do and because you were left out (because of timezones), doesn't mean you should include this fine city in the list. The city looked nice and was organized.

There was always something being built and something to do, whether you were there or not.

I was never able to get on that early, so I'd usually get on at 6:00 PM and wander around in circles.

(N)NCC was built over by Brighton. I don't know about Brighton's other outposts, but this one near spawn had a grid system of roads which helped you to navigate around the vast nothingness. I think there must have been about 20 plots there and only 2 had houses? It reminded me of the bad side of town.

Alright, alright. I've decided after years of being absent on this server to join the forums and say something: no, I know ncc wasn't great. People have said that I didn't spend enough time on the server. That's because I did and still do live in new zealand. I figured that I'd need an american assistant, so I employed my trusted friend adrian271 to do the job. And I was also 12 - I was supposed to be out with friends enjoying the last of my childhood. Look I'm not mad but these things really need saying after all this time. A lot of people didn't get the whole purpose of ncc. It was a place that welcomed all players, especially noobs and it was close to spawn because of that. I'd seen woodkeep and what not and as much as they were impressive, the point of ncc was to be freebuild. Of course new players aren't the best builders, but I liked their crappy builds just the way they were. The moderators at the time were rarely online while I was and I really had to take griefers into my own hands. I gave everything to that city.
if you want to contact me: http://www.enjin.com/profile/891810

Back