Tips on babysitting!

Hey uh I am babysitting tomorrow night... And I have only babysat once before, I need some tips on what to do and what not to do...

Don't troll here. I am not in the mood to filter troll comments.

1) No killing the kid. The parents won't like th... Well, depends on the child... Whatever, don't do that.
2) No shouting or hitting the child.
3) In 85% the child is crying without a reason. Just to get attention or something. Don't get nervous, that's what they want. Just stay calm and tell the kid things it doesn't understand. Try that it doesn't cry.
4) Always keep the child busy. Then it won't have a chance to cry.
5) No competitive games, except if you let it win. That's important, because otherwise it will cry.

That's everything that comes to my mind right now..

1) No killing the kid. The parents won't like th... Well, depends on the child... Whatever, don't do that.
3) In 85% the child is crying without a reason. Just to get attention or something. Don't get nervous, that's what they want. Just stay calm and tell the kid things it doesn't understand. Try that it doesn't cry.
5) No competitive games, except if you let it win. That's important, because otherwise it will cry.

You forgot....

6) Don't sell the kid crack.

Basically you need to play games with the kid and let the kid be creative...make paper planes and then let the kid draw on them or something...children love being creative...that is my tip :D

...........................................................................................................

omfgAlol said:

The kids are like 9 and 7

avroom said:
uhmm ok. Take a ball or something, let them play with it ...
How long do you have to baby-sit them ?

Probably around 5 hours. But I'm getting paid $10 an hour cause she knows I don't really like her kids...

I plan to bring my pc, and a couple wii games ( pc for me! )

Just be patient. That is the biggest rule when it comes to children. They haven't been brought up like you have so don't have any kind of expectations. Also, the happier they are, the happier you are. Even if that means playing with then the whole time, your won't leave aggravated or frustrated abed it will be easier to care for them. Luckily for you theyre slightly older so it won't be as difficult

umm... the best idea i say is to just let them play video games, and play behind then on comp so they don't see... when they something like there bored, hide comp and proceed to help them, mabye give them a new game.

Back