Touhou Thread

crafteroftemines

Firstly, never seen a thread on here for the game, even though its relatively popular, and second, because I wanted to know where to get the game from without downloading from shady looking websites.

Firstly, never seen a thread on here for the game, even though its relatively popular, and second, because I wanted to know where to get the game from without downloading from shady looking websites.
Unless you want to spend obnoxious shipping prices to get a physical copy from Japan, or have some plans to visit Japan at some point, downloading from shady looking websites is all you're gonna get. The creator doesn't care about the international fanbase, so you're not going to be able to get it anywere else.

I've played several of the spinoff games people have made, like MegaMari.

All of them are quick to remind me that I'm shit at playing video games.
It hurts so good... Also, the music is ALWAYS bitchin'.

I got 14.5, it was rather confusing when I booted it up
Touhou 14.5 does not have an english patch yet, I believe. It came out less than a month ago.

The fighting games are a good starting point, however. They'll introduce you to a lot of the cast, rather than the shooting games which will give you only a few people and will hide half of them behind a colorful wall of bullets . I would recommend Touhou 10.5 or 13.5 for the earlier and more recent eras of Windows Touhou, respectively. You may find updates and english patches on the Touhou wiki.
Two (I think possibly three now) of the Touhou games are fighting games. If it's a .5 of anything, it's a fighting game.
And, there's five Touhou fighting games to date. 7.5, 10.5, 12.3, 13.5, and recently 14.5.

And on that note, SOMEONE FIGHT ME.

I got 14.5, it was rather confusing when I booted it up
If you are starting with the series then start with 6. It is probably the best introduction and is considered the start of the series cannon.
(Plus best girl is in it)
300px-Th105Sakuya.png

Back