• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Updates for 1.8 Survival Server

Stratadon

Hey, so i just thought it would be neat if we could have a thread dedicated to keeping everyone up to date with the progress of the 1.8 server. I know we are waiting for the bukkit mods to be updated to the massive changes.

Wooty, if you do not mind, you could give us a list of the mods that you are hoping to incorporate into the new server, and their current progress of completion. So let us know which ones are ready, and which we are waiting on, and as those become available for the updates, let us know!

This could reduce people's anxiety of waiting for the server, and would give people a much better idea of the time frame we are looking at!

Personally, i am scared to death that i may miss the first few hours of the server which are always the most fun, and the most exciting!

Let me know your thoughts!

m52544_do_want.jpg

Your definitely right Stratadon. The first few hours of the new server is the best. I just hope the server does not go up while I am in school.

Your definitely right Stratadon. The first few hours of the new server is the best. I just hope the server does not go up while I am in school.

ikr?

I was doing a little bit of research on towny. It appears as if some version is out for 1.8.1 but it is probably buggy, and i wouldn't know much about any of that.

Either create a new thread under Beta Forums, or maybe even create an entire new forum for 1.8 to keep things less cluttered. (just a suggestion)

Either create a new thread under Beta Forums, or maybe even create an entire new forum for 1.8 to keep things less cluttered. (just a suggestion)

Not entirely sure what you mean by this... This thread is in the correct section. Minecraft Alpha/Beta in Questions / Suggestions / Issues, which is exactly what this thread is.

I do not get the sense that the forums are cluttered regarding 1.8

What I meant to say was once they have the 1.8 server up and running - as long as the other beta server (1.7) exists, we should have a forum for each, 1.7 and 1.8. Sorry if my first message was hard to understand :confused:

BUMPBUMPBUMP

Really wanna know whats going on =[
Compulsively checking server status for the last week is wearing me out =P
Kudos+1

What I meant to say was once they have the 1.8 server up and running - as long as the other beta server (1.7) exists, we should have a forum for each, 1.7 and 1.8. Sorry if my first message was hard to understand :confused:

The 1.7 server will be replaced by the 1.8 server once it is fully functioning with the bukkit mods. So i don't think that there is a need for a separate forum section for each.

The 1.7 server will be replaced by the 1.8 server once it is fully functioning with the bukkit mods. So i don't think that there is a need for a separate forum section for each.
I see, kinda sucks for the owners of big towns on 1.7 tho, oh well weve restarted before, we can do it again ;)

Meh. Some people hate to start over. Personally, i love restarts. Sure, we had some wicked nice cities, but after a while, they get boring. This gives us a chance to start fresh and make an even better city using the knowledge we gained from the last one. I think you will find that the first few days/week of a new world are the most fun!

Meh. Some people hate to start over. Personally, i love restarts. Sure, we had some wicked nice cities, but after a while, they get boring. This gives us a chance to start fresh and make an even better city using the knowledge we gained from the last one. I think you will find that the first few days/week of a new world are the most fun!
I'm more than ready to restart the world, I have tons of plans!

*cough*thefederation*cough*worldhub*cough*

Back