• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Video problems

Mightythedj23

Hey there, so i'll just get to the point; I can't play any videos in any thread.

The Icon arrow you click to play a video, it won't let me click it; it acts more like a background decoration for some reason.

Any ideas why?

Hey there, so i'll just get to the point; I can't play any videos in any thread.

The Icon arrow you click to play a video, it won't let me click it; it acts more like a background decoration for some reason.

Any ideas why?
refresh the page? This happens sometimes but may also be your browser. What are you using?

Didn't Wooty at some point (or maybe my imagination) say something about IE not being supported?

I have noticed that if it is new and works in IE it does not work in anything else (and vice versa). Since the video plugin for these forums is coded to follow the W3C standard it will most likely not work with IE. Microsoft has been known to make their proprietary standards inoperable with the open standards to force developers to chose between user freedom or user convenience.

Because of this I would recommend that you install Firefox or Chrome. If you need more reasons I am very sure we can give them to you.

EDIT: Use the links I provided above because there are non mozilla (the company that makes Firefox) sites for downloading firefox listed above firefox in the Google search results.

I have noticed that if it is new and works in IE it does not work in anything else (and vice versa). Since the video plugin for these forums is coded to follow the W3C standard it will most likely not work with IE. Microsoft has been known to make their proprietary standards inoperable with the open standards to force developers to chose between user freedom or user convenience.

Because of this I would recommend that you install Firefox or Chrome. If you need more reasons I am very sure we can give them to you.

EDIT: Use the links I provided above because there are non mozilla (the company that makes Firefox) sites for downloading firefox listed above firefox in the Google search results.

LOL what do I look like? a noob? I've been using FF for years already ;)
Was just pointing something out

LOL what do I look like? a noob? I've been using FF for years already ;)
Was just pointing something out

I was just adding on to your point. I don't assume any T9Kers use IE. Sorry if I offended you.

Also if you used IE and then switched Firefox or Chrome then you are not a noob. If you install Chrome and then close it to reopen IE then you ARE a noob. (Long story ;))

I was just adding on to your point. I don't assume any T9Kers use IE. Sorry if I offended you.

Also if you used IE and then switched Firefox or Chrome then you are not a noob. If you install Chrome and then close it to reopen IE then you ARE a noob. (Long story ;))

^

well i installed Firefox. i can say that already i can tell a difference in speed than with IE. I'm on 2 out of 5 bars of internet, and firefox is running like i have 5 bars. only thing though, dunno if it's Firefox or t9k itself, but if i let a page that requires a password login sit for a few it makes me log back in.

well i installed Firefox. i can say that already i can tell a difference in speed than with IE. I'm on 2 out of 5 bars of internet, and firefox is running like i have 5 bars. only thing though, dunno if it's Firefox or t9k itself, but if i let a page that requires a password login sit for a few it makes me log back in.

You need to check the box that says "Keep me logged in" when you log-in. If that does not help you also might need to disable automatic clearing of all cookies when you exit the browser.

You need to check the box that says "Keep me logged in" when you log-in. If that does not help you also might need to disable automatic clearing of all cookies when you exit the browser.

how would i go about disabling the auto clear of cookies on firefox? i'm very PC impared as most of you know

Back