What is the purpose in life?

While, as stated, there is technically no single correct plural form for the creature; I shall continue to use the much-ignored 'platypodes'. Even if Chrome spellcheck says it's not a word.

Wow, so I just finished watching "Tree of Life" a movie that came out last year. All I have to say is for anyone in this thread that takes the subject of this thread seriously, go watch this movie at least once. Preferably on a large screen with good sound, and don't be distracted. The movie itself does not have the answer to the meaning of life, or anything really. It just shows you many things, and gives you a lot to think about, but I also believe it puts some aspects of life into perspective. In any case, it left me speechless.

PS: if you are going to watch it, leave all expectations at the door. This is not your regular movie, but I know it is worth watching, just keep an open mind, and take it all in.

I am reviving this thread to say that if you are really interested in the topic of "What is our purpose" then I suggest reading this book:

"What Makes Us Tick - The 10 Desires That Drive Us" by Hugh Mackay (note: he is married to my godmother and I know him quite well)
http://amzn.com/073362507X

Back