What is the purpose in life?

Basically, I interpret Genesis's creation as symbolism. God set in motion a universe exactly as he wanted it to be. He could have created anything, and this is what he chose to create. The physics he set in motion, whether even scientifically tangable or not, explain everything. When I say physics, I am generically speaking about things that controll the universe. It's hard to communicate such deep stuff over the Internet.

You say there is no purpose in life. That is an absolute. Do you believe in absolutes?
Well, truthfully there's not much I do believe in.. What I meant by saying that there isn't a purpose or meaning to life, I meant rather that there is no set reason. There's plenty of time in life to try different things. Don't limit yourself.

Well I've caught up with the reading I guess, but as it is 4:30 am I will postpone my response till tomorrow. Not sure what to respond to really, or my brain doesn't work right now.

Well, truthfully there's not much I do believe in.. What I meant by saying that there isn't a purpose or meaning to life, I meant rather that there is no set reason. There's plenty of time in life to try different things. Don't limit yourself.
No set reason to life, you say? If our universe is completely subjective to man's changing ideology, then there can be nothing in this universe that stays constant. Why? Because an absolute must exist. For example, while you are sitting at your computer right now, gravity is holding you down and keeping you from floating up to the ceiling. Gravity is a constant - it's an absolute.

What if gravity were suddenly to change? What if the laws of physics we know today somehow evolved into something different? That would be absurd, right? Gravity will always be a constant in our universe. It will always be an absolute. Wouldn't this apply to our purpose in life as well? Wouldn't it stay a constant - completely objective to the whims of man's heart?

So then, if we can agree that gravity is an absolute in our universe, wouldn't it also be logical that there would be other absolutes as well? Thermodynamics, physics, and the like are also absolutes. If these absolutes apply to our natural, visible world, wouldn't these absolutes also apply to the things beyond our limited senses? The beginning of the universe, the origins of man, and the purpose of man - would not all of these concepts also have absolutes that are relative to our existence?

I hope you think on these things and have a wonderful day! :)

No set reason to life, you say? If our universe is completely subjective to man's changing ideology, then there can be nothing in this universe that stays constant. Why? Because an absolute must exist. For example, while you are sitting at your computer right now, gravity is holding you down and keeping you from floating up to the ceiling. Gravity is a constant - it's an absolute.

What if gravity were suddenly to change? What if the laws of physics we know today somehow evolved into something different? That would be absurd, right? Gravity will always be a constant in our universe. It will always be an absolute. Wouldn't this apply to our purpose in life as well? Wouldn't it stay a constant - completely objective to the whims of man's heart?

So then, if we can agree that gravity is an absolute in our universe, wouldn't it also be logical that there would be other absolutes as well? Thermodynamics, physics, and the like are also absolutes. If these absolutes apply to our natural, visible world, wouldn't these absolutes also apply to the things beyond our limited senses? The beginning of the universe, the origins of man, and the purpose of man - would not all of these concepts also have absolutes that are relative to our existence?

I hope you think on these things and have a wonderful day! :)
I think you're looking at the absolutes of space and physics, rather than the thoughts that go through our heads and eventually become actions. Of course there is no set purpose in life, because humans have opinions and new ideas. If I were to answer that the purpose of living is to make the world better for new generations, then at least one person in the world would disagree. Everyone can have their own purpose to live, and they have the right to change or alter that purpose.

the purpose in life is to find something worth grasping too and gain what can be uptained from it after all has been uptained find something else and also dont make lemonade

Purpose in life?
I don't know, and I wonder about this question nearly every day. I suppose the day the answer is finally found is the day mankind finally achieves enlightenment. We as a race have been searching for that for thousands of years. I wonder if it actually can be achieved...Or even how to go about finding the answer.

In the meantime, there's nothing to do but keep on living.

I think you're looking at the absolutes of space and physics, rather than the thoughts that go through our heads and eventually become actions. Of course there is no set purpose in life, because humans have opinions and new ideas. If I were to answer that the purpose of living is to make the world better for new generations, then at least one person in the world would disagree. Everyone can have their own purpose to live, and they have the right to change or alter that purpose.

Do you believe the ultimate purpose in life can be knowable or is it beyond man's comprehension altogether? It appears you believe a purpose in life does exist, the only exception being that said purpose is subjective to man's thinking.

Purpose in life?
I don't know, and I wonder about this question nearly every day. I suppose the day the answer is finally found is the day mankind finally achieves enlightenment. We as a race have been searching for that for thousands of years. I wonder if it actually can be achieved...Or even how to go about finding the answer.

In the meantime, there's nothing to do but keep on living.

Do you believe there is a possibility that mankind has already found that answer?

Yes I know it's a book, but what is it about or at least tell me the series name.
The book we are talking about is The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. I'm not sure what the series is called, exactly, but others in the series include The Restaurant At The End Of The Universe, Life, The Universe And Everything and So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish.

Good reads.

Back