Xbox360 headset to PC

Mrtino916

So, for Christmas I got this 'Tritton Trigger' headset and its only compatable with the Xbox360 and if you saw the end of the headset cable it only has one input, so on the computer either the earphones or the mic depending which slot you would put it in would work.

Here's my question, since it has one input is there a cable I could buy to transfer it to two inputs so I can put them in the mic slot and the earphone slot on the computer? I was thinking maybe a 'Splitter' but I'm not sure.

Thank you for your support. Merry Christmas!

No offense but it didn't actually work. I just got it tonight and my headset doesn't fit in the input. I see it said 2.5mm in the amazon post so...

hmmmm, well you at least have a 2$ part you will be able to use down the road for something else, or you can easily sell it for 2 bucks to someone who needs it I am sure.

working to find a fix for you,

post pics of the issue you are having and I am sure someone here will be able to help you out.

2.5mm is standard headphones if I'm correct. The xbox headset plug is smaller.
I don't think it's smaller, though I just remembered it usually has that extra dealie on it, so it wouldn't fit.
No offense but it didn't actually work. I just got it tonight and my headset doesn't fit in the input. I see it said 2.5mm in the amazon post so...
If you happen to have a wired Xbox controller, try plugging that into a USB slot on your computer, and trying to use your microphone through the Xbox controller. I have absolutely NO idea if this would work, or if it would require any sort of set-up to get it running on the computer, but it's worth a shot.

If you don't have a wired Xbox controller, might be out of luck...

Back